Which Fatbar bend to get if using bar adapters?

5 replies to this topic
  • drop

Posted March 26, 2007 - 06:11 PM

I plan on upgrading to Renthal Fatbars but I'm keeping my stock triple clamp. I'll be using a bar adapter which raises the bar a bit. Would the CR High bend be to high when combined with the adapter? I'm 6 foot with a shorter size torso and I ride mainly in the saddle. Thanks for any advice.

• hypersthenos

Posted March 26, 2007 - 07:21 PM

I have CR high bends with the same setup you're running & find it to be very comfortable. Another guy who tried my bike wants the same setup on his 650R. I'm 5'10".

• tommyj92028

Posted March 26, 2007 - 07:56 PM

I have the same setup as well, but with the "RC" (Ricky Charmichael) bend, which as I understand is even higher that the cr high bend. I love it!!! The stock bars were "in my lap", and I could barely ride it (especially when standing up). I too am 5'10" and wouldn't/couldn't ride the bike any other way. A word of caution though...the stock cables on the hand controls become very short when raising the bars as high as I did. I had to reroute them and also spin the throttle tube housing to compensate. No big deal, just make sure your cables (both sides) aren't "pulling" when turning the bars full lock to both sides. Tommy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Denn10

Posted March 27, 2007 - 06:01 AM

I saw a set of the pro taper universals (that what you guys used also?) and wasnt sure how universal they were so i didnt buy them but i think ill go back and try a set, never used them before always bought a new upper but with the 650l it seems aftermarkets are pretty rare im 6'2" so im sure ill like it alot better with the extra set of fat bars i have than the stock steel bars on my bike now

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted March 27, 2007 - 11:37 AM

I plan on upgrading to Renthal Fatbars but I'm keeping my stock triple clamp. I'll be using a bar adapter which raises the bar a bit. Would the CR High bend be to high when combined with the adapter? I'm 6 foot with a shorter size torso and I ride mainly in the saddle. Thanks for any advice.

Not sure if you are riding an L or an R, but I have the adapters and a CR high bend on my R and I still wish it was higher. The stock bars are just insanely low to me. I am also 6' and tend to be a sit down rider as well, but would ride much more standing up if the ergos allowed it. If I was to do it again with the same adaptors I would be looking at maybe a taller Windham or KX high bend bar or perhaps a completely different clamp set-up.

• drop

Posted March 27, 2007 - 02:59 PM

I think I'm going to go with the CR High. I don't like bars that are too high. Thanks for the advice? Can anyone help find the Renthal adapters on the ThumperTalk Store?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.