Stuck hot start on 07 WR450

1 reply to this topic
  • 40plusmxr

Posted March 26, 2007 - 11:19 AM

This weekend I had a little incident with my hot start, it stuck on. After not being able to unstick it on the trail I was forced to return to the truck. I put on my surgeons gloves and dove in. I first removed the seat, then tank and then the top motor mount plates. At that point I could see the cable entering the carb. I removed the plastic nut to find the cable lose in the spring. I was forced to remove the cable from the plunger before I could get it to drop properly thus closing the hot start feature. Unfortunately, to reinstall the cable I had to pull the hot start back up again. After a couple of tries I was able to reattach the cable and put everthing back together. And you guessed it, as soon as I did that, it stuck again. This time I was able to get it free by messing with the cable. My question, has anyone else had this happen? I could see no reason for this to happen. I have about 120 miles on the bike so far.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted March 26, 2007 - 12:04 PM

Lube the plunger. An EXTREMELY light coat of silicone spray on the O-ring ought to fix it. Lube the cable as well and clean the hot start passage with carb cleaner. I had the same issue and this process cured it...SC

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.