***** Official CRF150R CAM Recall *****

Your right a "Stop Sale" and a "Recall" are 2 different things. With that in mind has Honda actually released a "recall" or are we all assuming theres a recall because of the stop sale?

:bonk:

When I talked to a local dealer they acted like there was a recall but really never said there was. He also told me he wouldn't let his son ride one with the stock cam and recommended that I go with an aftermarket and not wait on Honda. He said theres no telling how long its going to take for Honda to get the parts.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got off the phone with my dealer. Yes my bike is effected. He said letters and parts should be out in next couple of weeks to affected owners, but for me to call Honda Customer Service directly. I did and was told the exact same thing, however when I said recall he corrected me by saying "UPDATE". I then asked what is their position if it breaks while riding. He stated that if the cam breaks and causes other damage they will be replacing all components caused by the failure. Not sure I buy it, but it is nice to see they are taking ownership of the problem.

???? I just went to the HONDA website and I signed in to get honda info on my bike. My vin number is JH2KE03C07K001039 which falls in the catagory for a new cam.

Honda's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), they are specific to your vehicle.

Recall information for Honda motorcycles, ATVs, Scooters and Personal Watercraft is only available on Owner Link for recalls issued since October 2003.

There are no current safety recalls for your 2007 Honda Crf150r Expert.

If you experience problems or you have further questions, contact your dealer for assistance.

I dont understand whats going on lol. Shouldnt honda know if theres a recall...maybe just my bike isnt the ones needed to be fixed...but i do fall in the range of recall bikes.:bonk:

Ya, i guess...i just got the update from my dealer and they said that there will be an update (not a recall) on the cams. They also said the parts will be coming in a couple of weeks. Hang in there.:D:naughty::bonk:

There are way too many people making new post about the cam recall. Below is the official word. This applies to both the big and small wheel version for the Vin number range listed.

Cams might break. CRF150r vin range JH2KE033*7K000001 to JH2ke033*7K005279. CRF150RB vin range.JH2ke033*7k000001 to JH2KE033* to JH2ke033*005791. The parts are not availiable yet. Do not sell any of these machines.

Honda has not put a stop to production, just a stop on the sale of bikes that are affected. Everyone should receive an official letter in the mail soon from either Honda or their dealer with the recall information. If you are uncertain about if this recall affects your bike, call your dealer and ask.

ben

PARTS AVAILABLE APRIL 5TH. ALL CRF150R/RB units will fall under the recall. I yanked my bike out of the dealer after being told to bring it in. 1 week later nothing. I spoke to the owner and he got ahold of the honda rep central fl. 10,000 units will be in for the recall. THAT"S EVERY BIKE PRODUCED SO FAR. This from the honda reps mouth.

I don't know of recall by country. It's a recall of ALL CRF150R/RB made to date. They have made just about 10,000 units world wide everyone produced will fall under this recall. Until you find out more just stay out of the rev limiter as others have stated. If you live in another country and for some reason your dealer isn't owning up to the recall in 1st week of april get ahold of a honda dealer here in the U.S. Im sure they will be more than happy to inform you of your rights. State side people are sue happy so Im not sure what international liability is. In the US once you admit fault you as a company are responsible regardless of what waiver is signed displayed or otherwise negotiated. LAWYERS SUCK.I know of one person that high sided there bike out of a turn. CAM BROKE. The kid has several broken ribs,back. The dealer claims low on oil. YEAH don't think so. I'm sure honda will pay for that one in the end. Don't ride it like a two stroke and everything will be fine.

Hotcams go for $189.00. Several other companies are putting out cams aswell. If you don't want to wait for your dealer or even to be safe go out and buy aftermarket and :bonk:. Remember everything that EVERYONE is saying about this recall is hear say. NOTHING has been offical yet as I'm sure there lawyers are going over wording of the recall for a service tech bulletin. This will be posted april 5th. You will be able to look it up then.Besafe and enjoy your bike it's all good. There's alot of guy/girls still riding daily to include my nine year old. Honda is a great company and produces the best bike out. Ofcourse that my opinion. :thumbsup:Man Im gonna catch hell for that one:p

Here is the official notice from Honda.

American Honda is conducting a Product Update Campaign to replace the camshaft on certain 2007 CRF150R/RB motorcycles. On affected units, a defect may exist in the camshaft that may cause it to break during extreme operating conditions. Honda will replace the cam and necessary related parts free of charge.

Owners of 2007 CRF150R/RB motorcycles should contact an authorized Honda motorcycle dealer and make an appointment for the repair. Dealers will replace the cam and necessary related parts for original or subsequent owners at no cost. The Campaign ends March 23, 2010. For more information visit the Honda website at www.powersports.honda.com and click on Locate a Dealer to find a nearby dealer or call Honda Customer Relations at (866) 784-1870.

2007 Honda CRF250R Product Update Campaign

American Honda is conducting a Product Update Campaign to replace the clutch outer on certain 2007 CRF250R motorcycles. On affected units, the rubber clutch dampers may deteriorate after extended use and time. American Honda has not received any customer reports of failure, however Honda has determined from its own ongoing durability testing that there is a possibility current or subsequent owners could eventually experience the problem. Honda will therefore replace the original clutch outer and necessary related parts for current or subsequent owners at no cost.

2007 CRF250R owners should contact an authorized Honda motorcycle dealer and make an appointment for the repair. The Campaign will end March 23, 2010. For more information visit the Honda website at www.powersports.honda.com and click on Locate a Dealer or call Honda Customer Relations at (866) 784-1870.

Thats just fricking great, next weekend we are supposed to be leaving to go and race in Las Vegas for the world minis, both of our bikes are in the screwed up camshaft range, what do we do? go and take a chance that they will not break, if they do is Honda going to warranty them when the engine grenades, stay home and twiddle our thumbs and not ride them until they get the camshafts in, when are they coming ? no dealer here has them here, thats screwed up, now i am out of $300 in entry fees, valuable experience and sitting around doing nothing when we are used to racing every weekend. Was anybody told that they cannot ride them? my paperwork just says there is a recall. Whats next to break or get recalled? first year production, should have known better to buy.

Thats just fricking great, next weekend we are supposed to be leaving to go and race in Las Vegas for the world minis, both of our bikes are in the screwed up camshaft range, what do we do? go and take a chance that they will not break, if they do is Honda going to warranty them when the engine grenades, stay home and twiddle our thumbs and not ride them until they get the camshafts in, when are they coming ? no dealer here has them here, thats screwed up, now i am out of $300 in entry fees, valuable experience and sitting around doing nothing when we are used to racing every weekend. Was anybody told that they cannot ride them? my paperwork just says there is a recall. Whats next to break or get recalled? first year production, should have known better to buy.

Ride'em :bonk: