Where To Find Red Tank/Fenders For A 93 XR600?

6 replies to this topic
  • Kawabuggy

Posted March 26, 2007 - 09:02 AM

Just like the title says. I want to switch my tank & fenders to RED. My current tank was painted ORANGE by the PO. I am in the process of scraping off the ugly paint. It is stained white underneath. I would like to replace it with HONDA RED and be done with it!

Anybody know if the 91-2000's ever came with a red tank????? Will the tanks from the early years like '85 & up fit?????

• Owyhee

Posted March 26, 2007 - 09:11 AM

Just like the title says. I want to switch my tank & fenders to RED. My current tank was painted ORANGE by the PO. I am in the process of scraping off the ugly paint. It is stained white underneath. I would like to replace it with HONDA RED and be done with it!

Anybody know if the 91-2000's ever came with a red tank????? Will the tanks from the early years like '85 & up fit?????

The 2000 XR600 came with a red tank and fenders with white side panels. Most aftermarket tanks and plastic come in a few colors including red.

"O"

• exaresix

Posted March 26, 2007 - 12:51 PM

Clarke makes OEM style aftermarket tanks. The fit is not perfect though. UFO makes nice aftermarket fenders. I would recommend genuine Honda for the tank though, if you want to stay with the stock sized tank. Should set you back about $272. (Babbitt's on line)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted March 27, 2007 - 04:21 AM

IMS also carries the red tank but in larger than stock size. You can get the red fenders from Honda, UFO, Polysport or Acerbis.

• Kawabuggy

Posted March 27, 2007 - 05:43 PM

I just purchased a RED front & rear fender directly from Honda. I also found a tank bag that is bright red, with a cool Xr logo on it. That way I can simply cover my old tank and rock-n-roll.

• xr500_89

Posted March 28, 2007 - 07:53 AM

i got a red factory tank no petcock but you can have it if you want also got a white ims too was just gonna throw them away

• Kawabuggy

Posted March 28, 2007 - 09:35 AM

I am very interested in the red tank! Can you please advise how much it would be for shipping & handling, and a little something for your effort?

I can pay you with Pay-Pal immediately, personal check, money order-you name it!

Thanks for replying to my post!

Kyle Baker
poolstuff@juno.com
281-586-8939

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.