Powernow or Quick Shot, anyone?

14 replies to this topic
  • nikdaqik_231

Posted March 25, 2007 - 04:23 PM

Anyone used Boysens Quick Shot Pump Cover or Scary fast Powernow? The goal is to cure the low end bog. Jetting changes didn't work. Any comments would help, thanks.

• kawirider

Posted March 25, 2007 - 04:26 PM

I have a JD jet kit and a Boyesen quickshot. I dont have any bog at all....unless you count that one time I came out of a 2nd gear corner in 4th gear w/o realizing it :applause:

• CaseyWR450

Posted March 25, 2007 - 04:34 PM

I have the quickshot, awesome product does just what it's supposed to do :applause:

• Mfinazzo

Posted March 25, 2007 - 04:37 PM

I just installed the quickshot today. Tell ya how I like it next weekend.

• buzzgrizz

Posted March 25, 2007 - 04:49 PM

I have the quickshot, awesome product does just what it's supposed to do :applause:

same here

• El Marko

Posted March 25, 2007 - 04:53 PM

Anyone used Boysens Quick Shot Pump Cover or Scary fast Powernow? The goal is to cure the low end bog. Jetting changes didn't work. Any comments would help, thanks.

Yes, use both as do all of my racing buddies. They work. Don't believe the dudes who don't have them and therefore go around telling others that they're junk.

The fix the bog, improve throttle response.

Boyesen has new versions of both items out, but can still be difficult to find. No reason not to use the original versions.

• nikdaqik_231

Posted March 25, 2007 - 05:00 PM

Thanks for the replies, I really need to fix this, it's drive me nuts!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThumperKid250F

Posted March 26, 2007 - 02:58 AM

Thanks for the replies, I really need to fix this, it's drive me nuts!

send your carb to zipty racing and they will fix that no prob at all.:bonk:

• Ga426owner

Posted March 26, 2007 - 05:10 AM

send your carb to zipty racing and they will fix that no prob at all.:bonk:

agreed, quickshot powernow and the rest of the gizmos just don't cut it. Call Steve at ZipTy for more info. Send them your carb and 100.00...it will be the best 100.00 you have spent...I have all these too and they simply address part of the problem, a waste of $$$ :naughty:

• Mfinazzo

Posted April 05, 2007 - 10:37 AM

I just installed the quickshot today. Tell ya how I like it next weekend.

Maybe it helped a little:excuseme: . Take the advice and go with the ZIP TY or Exhaust

• WB450

Posted April 05, 2007 - 10:40 AM

agreed, quickshot powernow and the rest of the gizmos just don't cut it. Call Steve at ZipTy for more info. Send them your carb and 100.00...it will be the best 100.00 you have spent...I have all these too and they simply address part of the problem, a waste of $$$ :naughty:

:bonk: :D :bonk:

• 6fiddy

Posted April 05, 2007 - 12:24 PM

Dont forget to get a fuel screw from zip-ty as well. Thats the best $20 ive ever spent (except that time in Costa Rica with this HOT lil gal who REALLY needed some extra $$ but thats another story fellas :bonk:

• CaptainKnobby

Posted April 05, 2007 - 03:19 PM

Just do the baron von beard ap wiring mod> It's free!!!!!

• dwnlowx

Posted April 05, 2007 - 04:13 PM

i used the power now and power now plus and it laid me on my ass the first time i got back on the bike (trying to show off after the install) it really made my bike hit hard but it did mess with my top end power a little ,and my bike did still bog a little after this install if i were you i would try to get the jetting as crisp as possible then do the ap mod and you should be very happy with that for free

havin an adjustable fuel screw will help alot

• Crabtree426

Posted April 06, 2007 - 02:05 PM

I have both. The powernow is worth every penny for snappyness and throttle performance. The quickshot helped my low end bog.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

1998 yz400f will not idle. by trolley

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.