grey wire?

3 replies to this topic
  • SealClubber

Posted January 26, 2002 - 06:56 AM

I just bought a used 01 WR426F. I love it. I am checking out all the mods you can do to this bike. What is this grey wire cut, pulled, removed etc... and what does it do?

• Guy

Posted January 26, 2002 - 07:49 AM

Hi Dan,
The grey wire is a US model thing, it is (apparently) an emissions measure designed to retard the ignition timing at certain RPM's to give a good reading for emissions test,once this is removed or cut, the bikes ignition curve follows the path designed for it and runs a lot better, If you do a "search" on grey or gray wire the board will show you all relevant posts on this and should explain what it's all about :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SealClubber

Posted January 26, 2002 - 09:12 AM

Thank you Guy. I am new to this site. I did not see that search icon before. This site rocks. \

Dan

• Guy

Posted January 26, 2002 - 09:39 AM

:) No Problems, glad to help :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.