Magura HYMEC clutch for YZ/WR400

1 reply to this topic
  • tammie

Posted March 25, 2007 - 11:23 AM

Is this clutch not worth putting on or what? I bought it off ebay slightly used but looks brand new in box like 2 years ago or so and never installed it, its just sat in my shed. So I was going to put it on and try it out this year but now ive gone and read up on this HYMEC clutch and it seems there was a lot of problems???

Another thing, I drained all the mineral oil that was in out because I figured id put fresh in since Im not sure how much it was used? Anyways do i HAVE to have the magura service kit for filling and bleeding... I didn't even think before i drained all the oil i just figured it was like brakes and you don't need anything speial to fill or bleed. But now on closer inspection and going to the website i see there is a 'service kit' for filling and bleeding :applause: is it like bleeding brakes can you just crack the bolt on the slave while depressing the lever to let air out then re tighten then keep depressing lever to get air bubbles out the top??? I don't know anything about hydraulic clutches

i thought i read somewhere the was a way to fill and ableed without this service kit does anyone know?

anyways i know i have a yz and not wr but its the same clutch for the wr ...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Stanimal

Posted March 27, 2007 - 02:30 PM

I have a '99 WR400F with the Magura clutch and love it. Install was pretty simple.
Have not changed the oil in mine, install and bleeding instructions can be found on the motorrad.magura website.

Install it, you'll love it!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.