Which One?

3 replies to this topic
  • Captaincautious7

Posted March 25, 2007 - 07:14 AM

I have decided to purchase some type of new exhaust but want to keep my expense down to a minimum. I have narrowed my search down to two different systems based on what I read from this site and the intel I read from some of the magazines. My goal is to achieve a little more low end grunt. The choices I have narrowed it down to are the full MRD system for about $400.00 or the FMF megabomb header less slip-on; "will use my stock slip-on in this application" for about $330.00. Which one of these two and why? Thanks for input!:applause:

• mxbuz

Posted March 25, 2007 - 11:10 AM

If it's one or the other, I would pick the Mega Bomb. It will give you what you think you want and keep the bike quiet. When you sell the bike you will be able to go back to stock and get most of your money back from the FMF. Personally I would spend the money elsewhere. Tires, Chain & sprockets, oil & filters, broken parts, you know all the stuff you have to have to ride.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kyle450rider

Posted March 25, 2007 - 11:15 AM

Dont forget the thunderalley its 350 for the header and muffler.

• kawirider

Posted March 25, 2007 - 04:28 PM

My buddy got an MRD full system for his CRF450R and he was very pleased with it. He said that when you call to make your order you tell them what you want and they will make it according to where you want the power.

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.