How high is CR High??

8 replies to this topic
  • yz-dwg

Posted March 25, 2007 - 04:38 AM

I've done my research, I,m 6'2" and I find myself standing much more often and want to get a taller bar, recommendations point to the CR High or maybe the Button bend, what I cant find out is how much taller is the CR High bars over stock, can any of you tallboys give me some real numbers and impressions of your bars, I dont want to get crazy with new triple clamps or adapters, I may buy a sub-mount next year, thanks in advance.........

'06 WR 450f
'95 YZ 125
'01 FXDWG

• bageera

Posted March 25, 2007 - 05:39 AM

First questions. Are you running a stock triple clamp? Have you considered fat bars?

A CR hi bend and fat bar adapters to stock clamp would be adequate for your stand up riding height.

If you stayed with standard 7/8 bars, them I wuold recommend a KX high bend instead.

You will not be disappointed spending the extra nickels to go fat bars. The added flex and durability are worth it.

Going to fat bars also requires you to consider your hand guard mounts if you run them.

Renthall often includes a handy chart providing the length, rise and sweep measurements for the different bends if you want to know. Pro Taper also has this. You can find this on websites that carry their bars, or their home site as well.

Good luck, God's speed

• SurvivorMan

Posted March 25, 2007 - 06:40 PM

CR hi's are about 1 1/4" taller then my 06 YZ 450 fat bars. they are excellent, they are as tall as you can get bars without going to the freestyle bar. if you are going to undermount as well, that is a lot of height gained. yes, tall bars a great for standing, but they are terrible for sit down steering/cornering. you loose leverage. don't go too tall.

• TWILES

Posted March 26, 2007 - 06:53 AM

The ATV Race bend Renthals are the CR High with a shorter crossbar so the quad stuff will fit on and I don't like them. They are not as wide as the WR's and they have more pull-back and rise. They get my wrist out of wack. They are really ONLY comfortable to me standing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted March 26, 2007 - 12:51 PM

CR mids are about the equivelent to yz highs for the pro taper contour bar. CR highs are about 3/4inch higher than that. My cousin is 6'1 and he has the CR highs on YZ 250f and he says they're perfect for him. He has a top triple clamp for fat bars, if you use adaptors you'll get anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4 inches of rise depending on which brand you get...the tag adaptors that I have on my bike give 2/3 inch rise.

The pullback on the CR bend is nice...comfortable while standing or sitting like the YZ bend

• wwjam

Posted March 26, 2007 - 03:26 PM

I'm selling a set of 2007 ProTaper SE ATVmid bend bars in silver if you're interested. Used them once on my WR and they're a little too high for me with a 5.90" rise.

Here are the specs:

http://www.protaper....dlebars/se.html

Asking $50 plus shipping

• tony1970

Posted March 26, 2007 - 04:22 PM

Go with the Renthal Carmichael High Bend. I am 6' and they fit me perfect on my '05 with a Scotts clamp. The rear sweep is less than the CR High and are comfortable sitting and standing. If you end up running a sub mount they may be to high, but then you can run the Carmichael Mid Bend which are excellent also.

• tony1970

Posted March 26, 2007 - 04:30 PM

BTW here is the chart for Renthals bar dimensions in MMs. http://www.renthal.com/fbmaster.asp

If you want to go PT I am sure they have one on their web site.

• wwjam

Posted March 27, 2007 - 06:36 AM

Go with the Renthal Carmichael High Bend. I am 6' and they fit me perfect on my '05 with a Scotts clamp. The rear sweep is less than the CR High and are comfortable sitting and standing. If you end up running a sub mount they may be to high, but then you can run the Carmichael Mid Bend which are excellent also.

I'm also 6ft and I switched to the Renthal 7/8 RC bend (part #971-XX) on the stock mounts following a recommendation on TT and they are perfect for me for woods riding.

http://www.renthal.c...ult.asp?type=32

Also they are the standard bars on the KX450F and CR450F according to this table:

http://www.renthal.c...ult.asp?type=41

If you go with a particular bend in the Renthal table, make sure when you order you check the Renthal part# since I've seen some stores incorrectly name a type of bend and the part# did not match the Renthal table.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.