05 wr450 stuck in 3rd gear

2 replies to this topic
  • volsfan1

Posted March 24, 2007 - 08:32 PM

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this site, a friend told me about it. I have an 05 WR 450. I was riding last sunday when I noticed my bike wouldn't shift out of 3rd gear. The clutch still works because I can engage and disengage the engine. The shifter isn't bent and it has not suffered any kind of an impact, I am unable to move the shifter by foot or by hand. Anyone out there ever had this happen and if so what was the cause. Thanks to all for any help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz-dwg

Posted March 25, 2007 - 04:49 AM

The same thing happened to my '95 YZ (2nd gear, 5 miles from truck!) I pulled the clutch and found that the main bolt that attaches the external shift mechanism to the drum had come loose and the mechanism was bound up, I checked everything and it looked ok, put some locktite on the bolt and put her back together, its been fine ever since, cost me a clutch cover gasket and a housing gasket, under $10, pull your clutch and look at the shift mechanism, if its ok, I'd suspision bent shift fork(s), but I am no mechanic........

• socal_sierra

Posted March 25, 2007 - 04:53 AM

might have bent shift forks.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.