Need suspension shims

4 replies to this topic
  • ABTrailers

Posted March 24, 2007 - 08:12 PM

Hi all, just picked up a 02 650r. At 220 lbs I figure it needs some help. Anyways have decided to go the Borynack route and fiddle with it myself. Hav the springs coming and need to think about shims. Called Bruce and he was nice enuff to giv a shout back and what a wealth of info. I was thinking desert rider setup but he reccomended I go with the baja 1000 setup, sounds cool so i'll run with it. Anyways looks like I need about 5 shims. As I really don't need 40 shims at $70plus shipped does anybody know where I can buy just the 5 I need??
Thanks Alex

• Kritter

Posted March 25, 2007 - 09:17 PM

What are the OD, ID and thickness? I may have some.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SMOKE

Posted March 26, 2007 - 10:09 AM

word, i have some shimms in my shed that i can look through and you can HAVE, if you just pay shipping.

• Rippn450

Posted March 26, 2007 - 11:38 AM

MX-TECH sells them separately.

• ABTrailers

Posted March 27, 2007 - 07:33 AM

Outstanding guys.
Its so funny the second time I went thru it I came up with less shims???
I'll probably be short something so here it goes (if you want to throw in a couple extras of different sizes I'll mail the leftovers back).
for the front it seems I need
8mm
one of the .15x21
for the rear it seems like
12mm
2 pieces of .20x39mm
one of the .15x38mm
I'm going the Borynack route with the baja 1000 front end
and the same on the rear marked as best all around
Visit Borynacks page seems he fishes and hunts too, maybee he wants to go kill an elk this year???
Anyways thanks guys if you hav some mail me and I'll get out my address in SoCal...........Now where do I buy that maxima oil?? do you use the same oil in the front and back?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.