It's Alive - My '86 XL600R

9 replies to this topic
  • angiethedog

Posted March 24, 2007 - 05:36 PM

I just got my bike back from the shop. I'm really happy with the new 17" Sun Rims. The tail light is Baja Designs and rear fender for a CRF450 made by Acerbis. The front fender is on back order, I still need to do the blinkers and head light, shape the seat, paint, etc. I know it's not pretty, but here are some pics of my Frankenstein.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 657pinkKTM

Posted March 24, 2007 - 05:40 PM

she sure looks a heck of a lot better. can you get a newer seat that isnt as ugly?

• angiethedog

Posted March 24, 2007 - 05:52 PM

I don't know if anythine else (seat) will fit. My feeling is no, but does anyone have any suggestions? I will probably end-up shaping the seat and covering it with some gripper material. Also, if anyone has any suggestions as to an after market exhaust, I'd appreciate it.

• desertracer100

Posted March 24, 2007 - 06:00 PM

man, that bike has some serious potential! That looks like a fun project.

• rebelventurer

Posted March 24, 2007 - 08:25 PM

Nice color scheme! :applause: I like the anodized fork legs too. The best exhaust would be the xrs only full stainless steel system, a high quality piece :eek: I had those exact mirrors on my L model but they do not hold up they soon vibrated so bad you could not see anything clearly. But as for styling they look a lot better than the stock round mirrors. The red motor makes me think back to the Mugen ME 125 that Al Baker helped to bring to the US in 1980 that was a true works bike!:lol: I think they sold maybe 4 of them in the US and one in europe. That by the way Johnny O'mara the "O" show won a national title on.:lol: :lol: I believe Johnny's bike is in the primm museum in Las Vegas now! :lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • angiethedog

Posted March 26, 2007 - 09:26 AM

Thanks! The forks and swing arm aren't anodized but satin paint. I think I may go with a custom exhaust by http://www.mrd-racing.com/, not sure how much I want to dump into this bike yet.

• angiethedog

Posted April 03, 2007 - 07:01 PM

The pic isn't great but I got my seat back today...
Posted Image

• Nummie

Posted April 03, 2007 - 08:18 PM

Looking good man :bonk:

• xr500_89

Posted April 05, 2007 - 02:03 PM

I don't know if anythine else (seat) will fit. My feeling is no, but does anyone have any suggestions? I will probably end-up shaping the seat and covering it with some gripper material. Also, if anyone has any suggestions as to an after market exhaust, I'd appreciate it.

dude dont ditch the supertrapp exhaust imo its the best exhaust for a thumper

• angiethedog

Posted April 05, 2007 - 04:08 PM

Too late. I just bought an XR's Only muffler. They said it was the last one they had for an XL600R. The only problem now is that my frame was cut to accomidate the CRF rear fender. Now I have to figure out a way to mount it. I need a bracket to extend from the right turn signal.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.