List Price: $445.95
Our Price: $401.36

Holy crap! That aint happenin!:bonk:

I guess I'm the only one really happy with my FCR:p

• ncampion

Posted April 05, 2007 - 06:03 PM

Holy crap! That aint happenin!:D

I guess I'm the only one really happy with my FCR:p

Yeah, until it gets so screwed up that you can't make it run right no matter what you do.:bonk: :naughty:

• ARin

Posted April 05, 2007 - 09:20 PM

Yeah, until it gets so screwed up that you can't make it run right no matter what you do.:naughty: :D

how does that even happen?:bonk:

• SPLATT

Posted April 06, 2007 - 02:13 AM

$350 at Barnum's Pro. http://www.barnumspr...fdsh-450/Detail

• Bamster

Posted April 06, 2007 - 04:28 AM

i posted my findings on the jetting forum and was told flat out by the moderater that they were crap and he locked the thread...somethings wrong with that picture. maybe the fact that he makes his living dialing in undialable carbs had something to do with it?

Thats funny right there..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sts475

Posted April 06, 2007 - 06:32 AM

Hi there !

I have experienced that the wr is more finicky than other bikes with low speed running for some reason. I have dialed in the fcr on other bikes and it has worked awesome ! The Edelbrock is a good clean simple design so I'm not surprised it works well. I can get the Edelbrock for anyone who wants one. e-mail me and I'll get you a price.

Good Luck !

STS.

• jetfuel

Posted April 12, 2007 - 03:47 PM

ya i've been running mine for a few wks now and i gotta say its a heck of alot better carb than the fcr ever thought about being(you just have to take the time to dial it in,but once there thats it no more fiddlin). i posted my findings on the jetting forum and was told flat out by the moderater that they were crap and he locked the thread...somethings wrong with that picture. maybe the fact that he makes his living dialing in undialable carbs had something to do with it?
man the power is so electric now..it just starts right off the bottom and you can grab as much or as little as you want without any hassles. starts up 1st kick even when hot. what more can ya ask for:thumbsup:

HMMM... I just did a search to research opinions of the edelbrock on WR's.. as I may put one on mine and came cross this thread... I have been running one on my 650L for two years now and love it...I also read the locked thread and can't figure out what's up with that ????.. The edelbrock seems like the Best performance enhancement you can make for those who like to ride..and not fiddle with jetting.. it's easy to dial in, won't flood , and ignores elevation changes... I'm all for optimum performance and all... but, my 650L is never going to be a race bike anyway.. I'm realistic ... So why lock a thread or call a carb crap when its actually the Ideal upgrade for the majority of the riders who at least have basic mechanical abilities and aren't happy with thier stock carbs??? .. We all don't need "Factory works bikes" ( although I'd like one)... I just don't get it...:thumbsup:

• bigdrtrdr

Posted April 16, 2007 - 04:53 PM

HMMM... I just did a search to research opinions of the edelbrock on WR's.. as I may put one on mine and came cross this thread... I have been running one on my 650L for two years now and love it...I also read the locked thread and can't figure out what's up with that ????.. The edelbrock seems like the Best performance enhancement you can make for those who like to ride..and not fiddle with jetting.. it's easy to dial in, won't flood , and ignores elevation changes... I'm all for optimum performance and all... but, my 650L is never going to be a race bike anyway.. I'm realistic ... So why lock a thread or call a carb crap when its actually the Ideal upgrade for the majority of the riders who at least have basic mechanical abilities and aren't happy with thier stock carbs??? .. We all don't need "Factory works bikes" ( although I'd like one)... I just don't get it...:thumbsup:

And you can sell FCR to some poor basterd with a DRZ/CV set up and pay for it.

• xrmarty

Posted April 16, 2007 - 11:02 PM

Just got damn tired of constant rejetting and bog with the FCR carb. Replaced it with a Edelbrock carb. What a differance in performance and starting, no bog, no stalling and no surge. Starts easy and no more hot start lever to fool with. http://i179.photobuc...co/P1010013.jpg http://i179.photobuc...co/P1010012.jpg

VERY cool avatar mrsparco. I'm glad you are happy with your Ed. I'm planing on getting one down the line. Just picked my bike a week and half ago and I'm doing all the usual mods; exhuast, jetting, throttle stop, airbox mods, etc,

• ncmountainman

Posted May 21, 2007 - 05:21 AM

since i've been running this carb i've had my 3 best HS finishes ever and yesterdays was the best (26th overall) proof is in the pudding....if someone could explain that saying to me i'd appreciate it!

• waynus

Posted May 21, 2007 - 11:22 AM

since i've been running this carb i've had my 3 best HS finishes ever and yesterdays was the best (26th overall) proof is in the pudding....if someone could explain that saying to me i'd appreciate it!

I'm thinking maybe it's when alcohol is put in the christmas pudding? Nah.....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.