XR650R - brand new - still available?

5 replies to this topic
  • JMo

Posted March 24, 2007 - 12:02 PM

Hi Guys -

I was reading a thread (here I think) the other week and it seems that XR650R's are still available new (2006/2007 model year?) in the states, and at crazy cheap prices compared to what we had to pay in the UK when they were still imported (not for a couple of years now)...

I really want to get one before they are no longer available, and am having trouble locating one in Europe - so I thought it might be feasible to buy one in the US and ship it over? - I have a friend who is shipping his Land Rover to the US for the Moab Jeep Jamboree this Easter, so there will be space in his container when he brings it back...

So, can anyone tell me the names/web address of dealers who still stock new XR650R's, and what sort of price they are (USD)...

Many thanks in advance,

JennyMo xxx

• rcnutt

Posted March 24, 2007 - 05:26 PM

roseville cycle has one on the floor in Roseville ,ca.

• xr650l bum

Posted March 24, 2007 - 05:47 PM

there are plenty for sale. Buying and then transporting to the container will probably be hardest part. Here is a local dealer nchouseofmotorcycles.com in so cal/ north county san diego

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JMo

Posted March 25, 2007 - 03:25 AM

there are plenty for sale. Buying and then transporting to the container will probably be hardest part. Here is a local dealer nchouseofmotorcycles.com in so cal/ north county san diego

Yes, I agree, the distances involved a just a tad bigger than they are here in the UK!

However, I have friends who live in Nevada (Vegas baby) and also North CA, so perhaps it's feasable they could help out with picking it up/having it delivered if it was a west coast dealer? Infact, if they are around $5,500 it would still be cheaper for me to fly over and buy it myself!

Thanks for the leads so far... I'll look into it...

xxx

ps. one more question - does a bike sold in CA have all the emmissions stuff on it, or are they the same as 49 state bikes?

• Billahjack

Posted March 25, 2007 - 03:32 PM

The California bike has different carburetor on it for emissions. Something about a "A" on the side number versus a "B". Can't remember which is which at the moment. Doesn't make much of a difference.

• rmhrc630

Posted March 25, 2007 - 09:31 PM

Believe it o not you cannot get a BRP here anymore.

Possibly Melbourne's largest dealer got 5!!!!! and last one ordered was may 06!!!

so no more coming in down this way

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.