RE: Steering Lock Wanted

2 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted March 24, 2007 - 11:49 AM

hey guys, im heading out with my bike on Holidays this coming summer, and wondered about putting a steering lock on it, is it possible? what other anti-theft ideas can you throw at me.......... (i have a stock ttr125 ignition installed, that's it)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR_Dave

Posted March 24, 2007 - 02:36 PM

One of those alarmed disc locks is really annoying when they set it off at my local bike shop (Blackfoot Motosports.com). Maybe one of those Krypton cable locks too. WR Dave.

• 9R117

Posted March 25, 2007 - 01:49 PM

I had to put a steering lock on mine to get it past the MSVA test to make it road legal.
Its a bracket with a loop that bolts over the front engine mount.
My ABUS U lock went through the bracket then clamped round the fork leg.
You could also use a chain instead of the U lock.
Posted Image
I replaced the standard bolts with exhaust can security bolts, not shown in the pic.
Take it easy
9R117

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.