Sold the 426...sniff, sniff

6 replies to this topic
  • yz_for_me

Posted March 23, 2007 - 09:55 PM

Well, she's gone. The second baby is on the way, so wife says one of the bikes has to go.:applause: :eek: Not my first thumper, but definately my first fun thumper. Sold it to a friend for $2000. Hopefully it's as good for him as it was for me. For not knowing much about high performance 4 strokes when I bought it, I sure picked a good one. Not a single break down or significant problem in over 4 years. It's been a fantastic bike. And to think I almost bought an '02 CRF 450 instead :lol: .

Posted Image

• kawirider

Posted March 24, 2007 - 04:49 AM

So whatcha gettin now?

• PATHPOUNDER

Posted March 24, 2007 - 06:47 AM

So whatcha gettin now?

His wife is with child, so he is getting a new kid...Thats great, congrats on the kid..future riding buddies..

I was nervous about getting a four stroke...but I tell ya, my 01 426 was a good choice..I keep up on the maintenance and its been very reliable..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • elarchick

Posted March 24, 2007 - 12:11 PM

I,m glad you got a good one. I got a bad apple,I have not got a full season out of my 01 426. First the top end now the tranny. Starting to wonder when to cut my losses and buy a new bike. But the next one might be a 250
2smoke.

• yz_for_me

Posted March 24, 2007 - 12:29 PM

So whatcha gettin now?

Nuthin. I've got to be satisifed with one bike, my '03 450. I was toying with making the 426 my off road bike and my 450 strictly moto, but as you can see that idea got shot down. Truthfully, with two little guys, I'll be doing well to ride one bike for a while.

• Kyle Prior

Posted March 25, 2007 - 07:44 AM

Im in the same boat... I sold mine to an avid motorcycle enthusiast for $2000 as well. Im sure hell be better for the bike than me, since he's a much better rider, but I still miss that bike. Looks like hes having a great time though:
Posted Image

Im happy with my new baby though:
Posted Image

• kawirider

Posted March 25, 2007 - 09:38 AM

Oh okay. I thought that when you said 2nd baby you meant second bike or something....maybe one of your kids will like riding and it will all be worth it :applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.