2007 wr450f oil in air box?

2 replies to this topic
  • nico-1

Posted March 23, 2007 - 08:46 PM

i have a 2007 wr 450 I did a oil change yesterday and today ride i find a lot a oil in the filter box somebody know why.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • whooptop

Posted March 24, 2007 - 12:31 AM

maybe u just over oiled your filter I,ve done it :applause:

• blackdog9

Posted March 24, 2007 - 06:13 AM

i have a 2007 wr 450 I did a oil change yesterday and today ride i find a lot a oil in the filter box somebody know why.

¡Engine oil overfill!...check "vent hose" threads. In later models, the vent hose is routed to the airbox (in a "catch can" fashion). In earlier models, this hose was open, routed as a carb drain hose... to the pavement.
I found this the hard way ...messy airbox and messy air filter. Even with a normal oil filling, after every ride I would have a dirty air filter, with a big brownish spot on its outer side. After a while I noticed this vent hose opening on the airbox... preciselly facing that brown big spot in the air filter element!!!!
So, I went the old fashion days... I plugged the hole and routed the vent hose facing the chain, as a "lube device". The result: a clean air filter after many rides, and a permanently oiled chain....(you will find that even with normal engine oil levels, the hose will still drip oil to the chain-frame after every ride).
Greetings from Chile.
Sergio:thumbsup:
P.D. Also, my bike (2007 also) would stall frequently, in low revs...and after this mod, it never stalled again. Dónt know the reason, but I´m happy again.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.