Tail/brake light very dim - 02 426

No replies to this topic
  • dirtr1der

Posted March 23, 2007 - 06:51 PM

I'm looking for some advice as I know little to nothing about the electrical components on my bike.

I noticed at the end of last riding season that my tail light was out. When I changed the bulb, I noticed that it was not the bulb, but that the light was very dim. The running filament and brake filament both work correctly, but the light is so dim its barely noticeable even when I step on the brake. I've retraced the wiring and checked/cleaned all connections. Still getting the same result. The headlight works great. Could it be a bad socket on the tail light? I took that apart tonight but all connections on the socket (ground, power and brakes) are intact.

I'm stumped :applause: Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

J

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.