Coolant Overflow needed?

12 replies to this topic
  • TWILES

Posted March 23, 2007 - 10:33 AM

Would taking this thing off hurt anything. The YZ doesn't have it and I never kept them on my atv's that I raced. It looks like something else to work around to me.

• gottogomoto

Posted March 23, 2007 - 10:39 AM

why do you want it off so bad?...dose it get in the way?

• SJMC_DON

Posted March 23, 2007 - 11:24 AM

Would taking this thing off hurt anything. The YZ doesn't have it and I never kept them on my atv's that I raced. It looks like something else to work around to me.

YZ's were not intended to crawl along on single track in adverse conditions either..... if you ride primarily MX or wide open stuff then it would be a consideration but if you ride off road on pack and carry type stuff or race harescrambles I would leave it on there...... many of time I have overheated and it's nice to know the recovery system is there while your buddies on the YZ's are emptying their camel backs into their radiators :applause:

• TheCure

Posted March 23, 2007 - 12:11 PM

Posted Image

You could always make this lighter weight version of an overflow tank with a turkey baster.:applause:

• trailordune

Posted March 23, 2007 - 12:20 PM

Posted Image

You could always make this lighter weight version of an overflow tank with a turkey baster.:eek:

Great idea! Then if you get lost in the middle of nowhere and happen to run over a turkey you can keep the meat really moist!:applause:

• TWILES

Posted March 23, 2007 - 01:16 PM

Posted Image

You could always make this lighter weight version of an overflow tank with a turkey baster.:lol:

I agree. Thats pretty sharp.:applause: :eek:

I never really thought about it overheating. I have never had one overheat that was liquid cooled. I do plan on racing a little. I always stripped the quads down to the bare ecentuals(sp?). I didn't know if you did that with a bike or not. Since we are on the subject, does the YZ cam lean out the mid range and give a smoother pull to the top or am I wrong?

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted March 23, 2007 - 01:45 PM

I agree. Thats pretty sharp.:applause: :eek:

I never really thought about it overheating. I have never had one overheat that was liquid cooled. I do plan on racing a little. I always stripped the quads down to the bare ecentuals(sp?). I didn't know if you did that with a bike or not. Since we are on the subject, does the YZ cam lean out the mid range and give a smoother pull to the top or am I wrong?

Thanks

The YZ cam makes the power hit harder/lower and pulls harder to the top. Its more agressive than the WR or YFZ cam. Apparetly the 03 YZ cam is most aggressivist :lol:

• TWILES

Posted March 23, 2007 - 02:27 PM

The YZ cam makes the power hit harder/lower and pulls harder to the top. Its more agressive than the WR or YFZ cam. Apparetly the 03 YZ cam is most aggressivist :applause:

Do you just buy the cam or are there other things you need to do the swap?
The store here shows the 04 YZ cam for $102. I guess that one would work?

• JSanfilippo

Posted March 23, 2007 - 02:40 PM

Do you just buy the cam or are there other things you need to do the swap?
The store here shows the 04 YZ cam for $102. I guess that one would work?

You just need the exhaust cam. Some need to re-shim, some don't.

• TWILES

Posted March 23, 2007 - 02:42 PM

Thanks

• MountainMax

Posted March 24, 2007 - 10:48 AM

I think the overflow has something to do with environment also guys, I also looked into moving mine to make room for an additional fuel tank which i would lose the overflow bottle.....

• tony1970

Posted March 24, 2007 - 03:21 PM

Posted Image

You could always make this lighter weight version of an overflow tank with a turkey baster.:applause:

What is that you have on top of the baster bulb? I would guess it is some kind of vent. My buddy is looking to add a bottle to his YZ250 2 pinger and that mod just may do the trick.

• drtbk4ever

Posted March 26, 2007 - 11:30 AM

Posted Image

You could always make this lighter weight version of an overflow tank with a turkey baster.:naughty:

That Turkey baster looks like it's glowing like a Star Trek Warp drive.

Beam me up Scotty. :bonk:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.