Engine ice

20 replies to this topic
  • silveradoss

Posted March 23, 2007 - 08:55 AM

Have any of you used engine ice? If so how do you like it?

• Mfinazzo

Posted March 23, 2007 - 09:01 AM

Have any of you used engine ice? If so how do you like it?

Works great and no need to mix in the water because its done for you. Your YZ should take half a bottle.

• grayracer513

Posted March 23, 2007 - 09:27 AM

It's convenient, but it costs more than the sum of its parts are truly worth. It's basically propylene glycol coolant pre-mixed with water.

But it does work quite well, none the less. It tends not to boil out as readily as ethylene glycol mixed at 50/50.

• 99yz400

Posted March 23, 2007 - 10:30 AM

Do you think it is worth it to pay the extra $ or is there another coolant that will do practically the same great job for less?

I heard some yz have a tendancy to overheat, what you think?

• Mfinazzo

Posted March 23, 2007 - 10:36 AM

Do you think it is worth it to pay the extra $ or is there another coolant that will do practically the same great job for less?

I'm sure you have invested allot of time and money in to your bike so why not buy some coolant that is better then the average stuff found at a gas station.:applause:

• jayh300

Posted March 23, 2007 - 10:37 AM

mine would overheat with reg coolant. also a 99 yz400f
has not since i did the engine ice
jay

• YZfamily

Posted March 23, 2007 - 03:36 PM

that's what I use in my bikes!

• flintlock28

Posted March 23, 2007 - 03:47 PM

It's worth the money if you ride slow, tight trails in the Summertime. I'd occasionally get boil-over with stock antifreeze. After using Engine Ice; no more boil-over.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted March 23, 2007 - 07:17 PM

I use in my 06 450f and no complaints

• bdalameda

Posted March 23, 2007 - 07:24 PM

The best coolant you can buy is Evans NPG+. It is non-aqueous propylene glycol blend. Boiling point is 375 degrees. Will protect an overheated motor from damage and not boil over. Best money you will ever spend. Will also totally stop corrosion on aluminum and magnesium components. Go to the Evans web site and read about it. Zip Ty racing packages this coolant under their own name and charges double for it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 99yz400

Posted March 24, 2007 - 06:26 AM

I'm sure you have invested allot of time and money in to your bike so why not buy some coolant that is better then the average stuff found at a gas station.:applause:

I just bought the bike and wants to do proper maintenance on it before going for a ride:ride: . I'll definetaly buy engine ice.

Thanks for your advices!:eek:

• tammie

Posted March 24, 2007 - 01:08 PM

you could also buy a higher pressure rad cap too to help stop boil over.
http://www.pitposse....rahipr16ra.html

• buzzgrizz

Posted March 24, 2007 - 02:59 PM

We use it and it works great!!

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted March 24, 2007 - 11:47 PM

It's worth the money if you ride slow, tight trails in the Summertime. I'd occasionally get boil-over with stock antifreeze. After using Engine Ice; no more boil-over.

I second that testimonial. :applause:

• rexbond007

Posted March 25, 2007 - 07:52 AM

i'v used VP Cool Down with success. just add to your coolant and ride.

• silveradoss

Posted March 25, 2007 - 05:10 PM

Thanks for all of you're feedback!!:applause:

• ThumperKid250F

Posted March 26, 2007 - 03:02 AM

you could also buy a higher pressure rad cap too to help stop boil over.
http://www.pitposse....rahipr16ra.html

has anybody else tryed that cap and how do u like it ?

• sandman3

Posted March 26, 2007 - 04:10 AM

I ran my bike on our DYNO and recorded the temps with reg. antifreeze,6 hours later we did it again with Engine Ice, the results were the same, I did see results when we wrapped the exhaust and the hose comming out of the water pump. I have since put a set of Fluidyne Rad's on the bike. good luck.

• yamaha6j

Posted March 26, 2007 - 11:06 AM

I just put some in over the weekend. It seems not to boil out anymore when staging a little bit longer than I should.

• drussell40

Posted March 26, 2007 - 04:03 PM

I run the evans in my street car and love it. What do you use in terms of a radiator cap on the car I run a 5-7 lbs cap same for a bike I have a 06 yz450

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.