Stupid Honda

7 replies to this topic
  • ahm1127

Posted March 23, 2007 - 08:50 AM

I hardly rode in 06' due to HONDA Dealership in NY. The engine started w/ a loud knocking noise at all RPM's, made appointment w/dealership. They had the bike for almost 2 weeks and i called them up to see what they replaced since stupid me got the warranty. They said they didnt hear anything (noise came and went). I offered to pay for them to open the engine if they didn't find anything and they refused, told me to keep riding the bike and bring it back if it did it again. After the 4th time bringing it back they rebuilt motor (took 3 months) because it finally wouldnt run. The sleeve came loose in the cylinder and was slaming into the head. Destroyed hole top end of motor. HONDA made me pay for piston and rings because it was a wearable part?:applause:
Happen to anybody else?

They also bashed muffler w/hammer to get better angle to remove broken bolt in new muffler, instead of just removing it, never completed. HONDA said the dealership said they didnt do it and to take care of it myself:excuseme:

• xr650rkyle

Posted March 23, 2007 - 09:13 AM

What kind of BIKE was it?

• cleonard

Posted March 23, 2007 - 09:56 AM

Sounds like you got a lemon. Any recourse for that under New York law? Keep at Honda and be a major pain in the rear for them.

• rebelventurer

Posted March 23, 2007 - 11:18 AM

Welcome to TT. Sorry about your luck. What bike is it? It seems Honda should do something to make this right!
I once had a bike drop a valve, at 3 months old, took the dealer another 3 months to fix it then shortly after that the tranny seized in 2 gears at once. Honda put a brand new complete engine in, I think they made the dealer pay for a good bit of that. I think no matter what part of the country your in dealerships are struggling to find qualified techs to do the work, anything more than an oil change or new tire is a stretch for them to get it right the first time, same with automobiles!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kelleyseiler

Posted March 23, 2007 - 01:30 PM

Had almost the same thing happen to me with a DR 650 Suzuki. The dealer sucked and Suzuki USA sucked even worse. I lost about $2400.00 with that bike. Has Honda America come foward to help with the problem?

• philipstjohn

Posted March 23, 2007 - 01:33 PM

Welcome to TT. Sorry about your luck. What bike is it? It seems Honda should do something to make this right!
I once had a bike drop a valve, at 3 months old, took the dealer another 3 months to fix it then shortly after that the tranny seized in 2 gears at once. Honda put a brand new complete engine in, I think they made the dealer pay for a good bit of that. I think no matter what part of the country your in dealerships are struggling to find qualified techs to do the work, anything more than an oil change or new tire is a stretch for them to get it right the first time, same with automobiles!

Qualified mechanics are hard to find, especially in Florida. The dealers in my area do not even stock or sell XR650R's, let alone parts. Do you think I should go to the dealer to fix my bike? I love my bike and I am not going there. Get a manual, buy the tools as needed, and work on the bike yourself. You will be satisified, and when something goes wrong, you will know the history. It really is not that hard, just a little time. My .02...:applause:

• frankiewhipit

Posted March 23, 2007 - 01:37 PM

Welcome to TT, sorry to hear about the horror story, I would call the better business bureau and see if there has been any other complaints against them. BTW what dealer was it, I'm from NY also & would hate to have to deal with that

• XR650L_Dave

Posted March 23, 2007 - 03:12 PM

I hardly rode in 06' due to HONDA Dealership in NY. The engine started w/ a loud knocking noise at all RPM's, made appointment w/dealership. They had the bike for almost 2 weeks and i called them up to see what they replaced since stupid me got the warranty. They said they didnt hear anything (noise came and went). I offered to pay for them to open the engine if they didn't find anything and they refused, told me to keep riding the bike and bring it back if it did it again. After the 4th time bringing it back they rebuilt motor (took 3 months) because it finally wouldnt run. The sleeve came loose in the cylinder and was slaming into the head. Destroyed hole top end of motor. HONDA made me pay for piston and rings because it was a wearable part?:applause:
Happen to anybody else?

They also bashed muffler w/hammer to get better angle to remove broken bolt in new muffler, instead of just removing it, never completed. HONDA said the dealership said they didnt do it and to take care of it myself:excuseme:

Damn!
What stealership was this?

Dave

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.