Here I go again???

5 replies to this topic
  • motopastor

Posted March 23, 2007 - 07:39 AM

I've owned an 03 & 04 YZ450...now an 07. 07 is the best motorscooter I've ever owned!!! I am having the same issues with the bottom oil filter cover bolt that I had with my other 450's??? Goes in perfect until about half way...then becomes gradually harder to thread in??? Not an issue for the first 4 oil changes...now it's 03 & 04 all over again. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

Monty #316
www.cfcnampa.org

• King_Air

Posted March 23, 2007 - 07:59 AM

Are you letting the oil filter cavity drain from the bottom bolt before removing the cover?. If so dirt and shavings can get in the threads and cause your problem. I loosen all 3 bolts, then pull the cover off a little bit and let it drain that way. If you do a search I think you will find more info on this.

• grayracer513

Posted March 23, 2007 - 09:21 AM

http://www.thumperta...786#post3897786

http://www.thumperta...288#post3823288

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motopastor

Posted March 23, 2007 - 11:13 AM

Thank you!!!

• rideawn

Posted March 26, 2007 - 11:39 AM

I've owned an 03 & 04 YZ450...now an 07. 07 is the best motorscooter I've ever owned!!! I am having the same issues with the bottom oil filter cover bolt that I had with my other 450's??? Goes in perfect until about half way...then becomes gradually harder to thread in??? Not an issue for the first 4 oil changes...now it's 03 & 04 all over again. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

Monty #316
www.cfcnampa.org

I was having this same issue also. When doing just an oil change, no filter, I think the book recommends pulling just the lower filter cover bolt?

• grayracer513

Posted March 26, 2007 - 01:38 PM

I was having this same issue also. When doing just an oil change, no filter, I think the book recommends pulling just the lower filter cover bolt?

Read the link I posted. That procedure is the root of this kind of problem.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.