2007 WR450 AIS Removal Kit recall by Yamaha

7 replies to this topic
  • TyeeHusky

Posted March 22, 2007 - 06:43 PM

Just got a call from the local dealership that I bought my 07 WR450 from and the AIS Removal Kit is shipped with the wrong jets

The dealer got a call from Yamaha today stating something about a jet mixup. I am taking my bike in so they can verify what came in the kit and what was installed. Something about two of the same jets were shipped or something.

Sorry my memory recall is not so good but I am bringing the bike in to be looked at. They did say it should run like crap if the wrong jets were installed.

So If you have a new bike with AIS installed and it runs like crap call your dealer.

That is all I know but will know more tomorrow

• Nightwind15

Posted March 23, 2007 - 06:48 AM

Let us know as soon as you can...
Thank you

• JSanfilippo

Posted March 23, 2007 - 01:39 PM

I thought a 175 main was to fat :applause:

• TyeeHusky

Posted March 23, 2007 - 10:38 PM

Ok,

Got back from the dealer today. Still a little fuzzy for me but sounds like the first shipment of AIS kits went out with two main jets or leak jets. It is the two small ones that come with the kit. I know I am being real technical. Anyway they are going to take my carb out and see what is in it. It runs great so not sure if a mistake was caught by the shop. I talked to them about installing a JD kit for half the price since they would have the carb out already and they are all for it. Sorry my info is not better but that was 7 hours ago and these carbs have to many jets.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Racegun

Posted March 24, 2007 - 06:37 PM

my Australian kit has changed carb to175 main, 110 main air, 50 pilot ,DSQ3 needle(3rd pos clip) 45 leak jet, 2 turns out pilot screw. It runs fairly well & pulls strong .I think its running rich it has a slight splutter about1/8 to 1/4 throttle , i have to index my throttle yet to tell the exact position and a slightly black sooty tailpipe.Plug was black on the outside but the inside was a nice brown last time i looked. Any ideas? maybe yamaha might go smaller . I could try smaller to get rid of the soot.

• Randy Nilles

Posted March 24, 2007 - 06:51 PM

Just got a call from the local dealership that I bought my 07 WR450 from and the AIS Removal Kit is shipped with the wrong jets

The dealer got a call from Yamaha today stating something about a jet mixup. I am taking my bike in so they can verify what came in the kit and what was installed. Something about two of the same jets were shipped or something.

Sorry my memory recall is not so good but I am bringing the bike in to be looked at. They did say it should run like crap if the wrong jets were installed.

So If you have a new bike with AIS installed and it runs like crap call your dealer.

That is all I know but will know more tomorrow

I figured something was wrong with the jets the kit came with. My bike had a 70 air jet in it and the kit came with a 110 to replace it. Thats a pretty substantial bump. Let us know if you find out more or what Yamaha is going to do to fix it.

Here is a pic of the jets side by side. The left is the 110 from the kit and the one on the right is the origional that came with the bike.
Posted Image

• Chooch68

Posted April 17, 2007 - 06:42 PM

Just got the updated jet from dealer. It is a #110 Main air jet just like the one in the above post. I'm pretty sure thats what came in the original kit that I got. Gonna check in the morning to make sure. If thats the case, I think there may still be something off. I've noticed that it stalls easily, compared to stock, with the kit. Almost like it has little or no flywheel weight.

• hsv1

Posted April 18, 2007 - 11:42 PM

i have a wr450 2007 model and have just done all the mods to it and it is missing wile i am mid throttle going on the road just wondering wot jetting is being used as the ones that come with the bike are not the right ones ?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.