400/426 Head question

4 replies to this topic
  • TuningFork426

Posted March 22, 2007 - 03:40 PM

where is the vacuum port i need plug on the 400 in order to use it with my 426, what would happen if it wasn't pugged?

• Birdy426

Posted March 22, 2007 - 05:00 PM

Left hand side of the intake runner, almost to the aft edge. It's a brass nipple sticking out. If you don't plug or cap it, you will have a monster vacuum leak, your bike will run like shit, probably won't idle, will bog off the bottom, will be lean on top, and will suck in dirt and dust thru the open hole.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Birdy426

Posted March 22, 2007 - 06:32 PM

A Picture is worth a thousand words...

I drilled out the brass nipple, tapped the hole for a 6mm bolt, stuck one in there with Permatex No 2 slathered on the threads and a copper washer under the flange on the bolt head, and dressed the threaded end off flush with the port wall on the inside.

Posted Image

• TuningFork426

Posted March 22, 2007 - 06:51 PM

wow, a picture makes it so easy thanks a bunch :applause: :eek:

• Birdy426

Posted March 22, 2007 - 09:20 PM

wow, a picture makes it so easy thanks a bunch :applause: :eek:

You're quite welcome. Isn't it great to be living in the digital age?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.