First Valve Adjustment

2 replies to this topic
  • WRC

Posted March 22, 2007 - 02:38 PM

Iam having the valves adjusted on my 07 WR 450 next week.by the local Yamaha dealer. After tommorows ride at Hollister I will have probaly 200 miles, on the odometer and about 15-20 hours on it. What do some of you TT guys use as a timeline for valve adjustments? The manual calls for 600 miles which seems like a little too long. The service manger at the shop sugguested installing a hour meter to keep better track of the hours on the bike, sounds like a ggod idea to me. Thanks in advance

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted March 22, 2007 - 04:34 PM

If you don't race, then once or twice a year should be fine. My question is why not do it yourself? You get two benefits out of DIY...First, you know it's done right and second, you get to know your bike a helluva lot better...SC

• WR450RICKO

Posted March 22, 2007 - 05:54 PM

Don't open it up unless you experience symptoms of being out of tolerance.
I checked mine at 700 miles and everything was still right on.
M2Cents

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.