clutch problem!!

5 replies to this topic
  • aniesigh

Posted March 22, 2007 - 08:35 AM

hi all,right basically im having probs with my '00 yzf426, i cant get the clutch plates to sit right, the actuator rod arm will spin way to far before it moves the pressure plate, and with the clutch cover of i can see that theres a big gap, now i rebuilt the gearbox back in november and have barely used it since, and i did have to adjust the cable loads to get it to grip after i rebuilt, so have i put something back in the wrong order?
hope someone can shed some light on the problem as im supposed to be racing sunday!!
cheers

• ZéPovinho

Posted March 22, 2007 - 03:31 PM

did you putted in the spherethat goes inside the primary gear axel that pushes the clutch plates?

• aniesigh

Posted March 23, 2007 - 12:17 AM

sorry which bit?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 23, 2007 - 09:04 AM

He's asking about the steel ball that sits between the long and short push rods.

• aniesigh

Posted March 23, 2007 - 10:28 AM

is there meant to be a ball bearing in there then? got the long rod which goes through the shaft, then the part which actually pushes on the pressure plate, should there be a bearing in between then?
edit: just found a different part diagram which has a ball bearing in, have attatched both- is one wrong or just for a different year? anyone know what size the bearing is?
cheers

Posted Image

Posted Image

• grayracer513

Posted March 23, 2007 - 11:57 AM

Apparently, the 2000 did not have one. Could be you have a mix of parts with a later model.:applause:

Note the splined thrust washer behind the clutch boss (hub) (#11 in both illustrations), It is possible to have this drop off the end of the splines and space the boss too far out on the main shaft. Might check that.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.