2001 Wr425 Questions (Vermont/red sticker)

4 replies to this topic
  • Obijuanx

Posted March 22, 2007 - 06:40 AM

Ok so i am very new to dirt bikes and from recommendations from a friend they told me i should go with a WR 2001+ 426 or higher for my first dirt bike.

I have found a bike that will be looking at today but i have a few general questions on the Vermont plate/Street legal bike in California. I was told the bike is red sticker but can be green stickered if i get it registered in CA, but if do it will not be street legal.

I really would like to be able to run in the Green Sticker areas but then again i also want to ride this on the street at some point.

I have done a few searches on the forums about Dual Sport and Vermont plates but i can't seem to find a answer to match my situation.

One last question, was the 2001 Yamaha WR 426 stock Green Sticker in California?

Thanks for all the help!

• babyspankynhb

Posted March 22, 2007 - 06:54 AM

You beat me to it... I just got on to post the same thing! These guys are great. They are the ones with first hand experience and will give you their honest opinions. I'll keep searching and try to find the info if it is already in the forum.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • babyspankynhb

Posted March 22, 2007 - 07:06 AM

From the FAQ sticky...

"Q: Which WR is Red/Green sticker compliant?
A: 98-02, 05+ are Green Sticker compliant. The 03-04 are Red Sticker bikes."

• Obijuanx

Posted March 22, 2007 - 07:11 AM

Well thats good to know, it can be green stickered if i remove the plates.

• babyspankynhb

Posted March 22, 2007 - 07:42 AM

Yeah, I read up on it a little and it seems that it is definitely green sticker, but can't be transfered to Cali with the "D/S" status... We can try tho!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.