A. H. MacLaughlins

7 replies to this topic
  • Motosprtman

Posted March 22, 2007 - 05:13 AM

I hate to bust on someone on the net - but there is a time when it seems appropriate. I ordered a tailight, wiring extension kit and plate holder from Fourstrokesonly.com (A.H. Maclaughlin) - this was in early February, I have since e-mailed and called on the phone to find out the status of my order, all to no avail. Looks like I am out nearly 50.00 and no parts. May want to think twice before using them.

• goblin127

Posted March 22, 2007 - 08:18 AM

I think every one who has delt with him has had that problem,but in the end you got what you ordered. He's kind of slow to get things shipped out by his own admision.

• porterdog

Posted March 22, 2007 - 12:44 PM

Yep. After I did a bunch of internet research I developed the same opinion and gave them a miss.

• InternalCombustion

Posted March 22, 2007 - 03:57 PM

Bummer.

About 6 weeks ago I ordered a speedo elimination adapter from them. Because I needed it sooner rather than later I called them up and asked when they would ship. I was assured it would go out that day.

Sure nuff it arrived in 3 days.

In this age of instant internet comms you'd think online retailers would understand that service is everything. For me, they hit the mark.

Maybe I was lucky. Sorry to hear you weren't.

Good luck, soon.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • needsprayer

Posted March 22, 2007 - 09:17 PM

From my experience I have concluded that Fourstrokesonly is a small business. A.H. is honest and likes to go riding, sometimes traveling to do so. Your service experience depends on his personal schedule.

• Motosprtman

Posted March 23, 2007 - 05:11 AM

yea I will call him again today and see what is going on....

• goblin127

Posted March 23, 2007 - 05:22 AM

From my experience I have concluded that Fourstrokesonly is a small business. A.H. is honest and likes to go riding, sometimes traveling to do so. Your service experience depends on his personal schedule.

Yea thats about it.

• sokalbike

Posted March 23, 2007 - 04:10 PM

I work a few blocks from his shop and tried to buy from him but he was never there. Keep trying the phone.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.