XR's only Exhuast Db? How loud is it?

22 replies to this topic
  • dukeryder

Posted March 21, 2007 - 08:05 PM

So who's got this pipe?

I need to replace my Big Gun Soon :applause: and want to replace it with a Quality but fairly Quiet Exhaust.

I read a shitload of threads on XRL Exhausts and the XR's Only System seems to be what I'm lookin for. But it's gotta be <96db.

• goblin127

Posted March 21, 2007 - 08:11 PM

I've got the XRsonly fullsystem in stainless,not sure exactly on the db,but I was told its close to the 96db. They do make a quiet core for it though. Comparing the quality to anything I've seen up close it wins hands down.

• Alex 400

Posted March 21, 2007 - 08:51 PM

i have read that with the quit core it is 96 dB or lower but without it is louder.

• Kritter

Posted March 21, 2007 - 09:14 PM

over 100 but I have the older version...WAY TOO LOUD. I would go with a PC496 but thats just me.

• rebelventurer

Posted March 22, 2007 - 05:04 AM

The pc 496 is louder than 96db, ($430 just the silencer) and more expensive than the xrs only, also its harder and more expensive to rebuild. The xrs only without the quiet core is around a 100db with the quiet core as low as 94 db, is easy to rebuild and maintain. make sure you get the full system header and silencer also specify the stainless version! About $500 full system with insert.

• Hondathumper450

Posted March 22, 2007 - 05:46 AM

I have the SS XR's Only competition exhaust *stock headers* and the disc system on it as well. It is quieter than the stock uncorked drilled exhaust but that is about as far as I can go. It is a nice system though, smooth lines, nice sound.

• Whiteman

Posted March 22, 2007 - 06:11 AM

Will the xrsonly exhaust just slip on the stock header? I just ordered one but not the header.

• goblin127

Posted March 22, 2007 - 06:18 AM

Will the xrsonly exhaust just slip on the stock header? I just ordered one but not the header.

The XRs only is larger diameter pipe,so you will have to mod the header to make it work.

• Hondathumper450

Posted March 22, 2007 - 07:00 AM

Yes, it will slip on perfectly and is a nice fit. nice pipe!

• Hondathumper450

Posted March 22, 2007 - 07:02 AM

The XRs only is larger diameter pipe,so you will have to mod the header to make it work.

I did not see this as a problem. I have stock pipes and the XR's only stainless steel competition exhaust slipped on and tightend up no problem without any mods to the stock header

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Alex 400

Posted March 22, 2007 - 07:38 AM

I did not see this as a problem. I have stock pipes and the XR's only stainless steel competition exhaust slipped on and tightend up no problem without any mods to the stock header

yes the pipe is bigger in diameter, but there is a little spacer that is welded in which makes it fit right on to the stock headpipe

• goblin127

Posted March 22, 2007 - 09:41 AM

yes the pipe is bigger in diameter, but there is a little spacer that is welded in which makes it fit right on to the stock headpipe

Thats good you can do that,they just looked real diff when I bought mine and I didn't take the time to check it out. Congrats! you will like the pipe.

• Hondathumper450

Posted March 22, 2007 - 12:33 PM

I absolutely love mine for sure

• veetwo tls

Posted March 22, 2007 - 01:03 PM

CRD (castex race development) header & BARRETT carbon muffler :applause:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Aurora

Posted March 22, 2007 - 02:32 PM

CRD (castex race development) header & BARRETT carbon muffler :applause:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Is that a landing light off of a Boeing 747?

• crfklxrider

Posted March 22, 2007 - 02:48 PM

just keep it stock

• dukeryder

Posted March 22, 2007 - 03:33 PM

just keep it stock

Not an option, as I bought it with a Big POS Gun Exhaust on it already. :applause:

• rebelventurer

Posted March 22, 2007 - 05:23 PM

Not an option, as I bought it with a Big POS Gun Exhaust on it already. :applause:

Nice, description and agree 100% with that statement! Get the xrs only full stainless system with the quiet core insert you will be happy. PM me I will give you a bit of info that may save you some $.

• Whiteman

Posted March 23, 2007 - 06:34 PM

Thanks, I will get the header when the funds become available. Also, I hear people talking about the xrsonly pipe being on back order. Not so, they get them delivered every two weeks. Althought I ordered mine a couple days ago and have heard nothing from them.

• goblin127

Posted March 24, 2007 - 05:26 AM

Thanks, I will get the header when the funds become available. Also, I hear people talking about the xrsonly pipe being on back order. Not so, they get them delivered every two weeks. Althought I ordered mine a couple days ago and have heard nothing from them.

Way back when I ordered mine they were back ordered,it added only two weeks or so to the order. It was well worth it though. Once we compared it to my neighbors fmf or power core on his quad you could only laugh.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.