alpinestars

7 replies to this topic
  • mdek

Posted January 25, 2002 - 02:51 PM

just curious, does anyone with a size 12 foot have tech 8 alpine stars. If so do you also wear a size 12 tech 8. Mine seem kind of tight around the ankle area (size 12) but I am not sure if it is just because the boots are new. I have not bought new boouts in 11 years.

thanks

Mark

• jerry426

Posted January 25, 2002 - 03:08 PM

I wear a 12 or 13 depending on the manufacturing variations. My Tech 8 boots are 13 and they were originally snug at the ankles but seem to have broken in nicely. You can take the gel inserts out of the bootie insert to gain a little extra room. I had a bit of "buyer's remorse" just after buying my Tech 8 boots because they're expensive. A few weeks later I was very glad I spent the money because they're comfortable and provide good protection and support.

Jerry

• Guy

Posted January 25, 2002 - 03:10 PM

:) I can't speak for the Tech 8's but when I bought Alpinestars Road bike boots, I had to buy a size bigger than I usually take as they are quite a small fitting.

• DPW

Posted January 25, 2002 - 03:10 PM

Size 12 foot here and I also wear a size 12 Alpinestars Tech 8. I went from a three year old set of Tech 5's , which fit like a glove to Tech 8's. They where stiff for a couple of rides. Now that they're broken in they are very comfortable.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AZWR426

Posted January 26, 2002 - 08:54 PM

I talked with the mfg about a different problem I had and they were very helpful and they have straps of many different lengths avaliable (for free). Give them a call, maybe that would help...

• mdek

Posted January 26, 2002 - 09:20 PM

thats a great idea

thanks

mark

• Nev-WR

Posted January 27, 2002 - 01:43 AM

Mdek,
To give your self a bit more room in your Tech 8's (especially in the toe are) while they are stiff & new, pull the inner-sole out of the bootie. Then put your foot into the bootie & Tech 8 boot.
You may need to pull out the rubber/gel discs from the bootie to give more ankle room (as suggested by Jerry426) or just leave the ankle buckle a bit lose initially.
Play around with these combinations. The boot should be snug but comfortable.
Good luck.

• mdek

Posted January 27, 2002 - 06:51 AM

thanks nev

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.