06-07 rear shock swap?

2 replies to this topic
  • MTshirt

Posted March 21, 2007 - 07:18 AM

My B rider sons 06 had something come apart in the trans. Untill I fix it I would like to put his moded suspension on my 07for him to race. I know that Yamaha increased the length of the rear shock by 1.5mm for 07. Will this cause a handling problem? Am I better off leaving the 07 shock on the bike? This is an improtant series for him. Any advise would help. Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 21, 2007 - 08:07 AM

While the forks have been a problem for some people, you could give some thought to how much difference the re-valve on the rear shock really made. You could slip the new forks into the '07 clamps, and leave the '07 shock. OTOH, it's very unlikely, IMO, that the shock length will make such a big difference that you would be unable to dial it out simply by changing the sag. You should be able to set the suspension up on the '07 just as it is on the '06 and have it work very nearly identically.

• MTshirt

Posted March 21, 2007 - 08:20 AM

Thanks for your advise. I think I will swap it out. I think the front to rear balance would be better if I swap both ends.
Thanks again Grayracer.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.