Pics of my 04 YZ450F

21 replies to this topic
  • eduardobibm

Posted March 20, 2007 - 05:39 PM

Thought I would share some pics. I picked up this bike a a few weeks ago and have been setting it up for trail riding.

So far:
+2 Teeth on the rear
-1 on the front
IMS Tank
Kickstand
Works Connection Frame Guard
Works Connection Skid Plate
Brush guards that I had laying around (Probably replace with something sturdier)
New Plastics (Acerbis)
Also had to replace some stock odds and ends.

Bike came jetted, piped and the suspension was tuned. Haven't been able to see if the suspension suites me yet.

Will likely add some radiator guards and maybe even a rekluse. But not sure about the rekluse yet. The terrain I ride in certainly warrants one.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• YzGuy79

Posted March 20, 2007 - 06:13 PM

It would look a lot nicer if you went back to the stock tank. I hate the way those big desert tanks look on bikes. Unless you are planning to ride it across the country, there's no reason for one on a 4-stroke.
Besides that's a awful lot of extra weight to throw around.

• TMAC25

Posted March 20, 2007 - 06:56 PM

Sorry man, but that is ugly in my opinion, but in not really into the dessert or woods looking bike, but if you are then, good job, im sure it's a good weapon in the woods.

• NorCal

Posted March 20, 2007 - 07:04 PM

I hate the way those big desert tanks look on bikes. Unless you are planning to ride it across the country, there's no reason for one on a 4-stroke.

What is the range on a stock tank? 45 miles? If you are planning on doing any enduros, scrambles or just exploring a little further past the truck, the desert tank is awesome.

Besides that's a awful lot of extra weight to throw around.

The weight sits pretty low. Besides, he doesn't have to top off before each ride.

Nice looking bike by the way.

• YzGuy79

Posted March 20, 2007 - 07:32 PM

45 miles? You feel the need to go more than 45 miles on a yz450?

Damn,...my ass would be raw!

It's still a nice bike...except for the tank:busted:

• NorCal

Posted March 20, 2007 - 07:40 PM

45 miles? You feel the need to go more than 45 miles on a yz450?

Damn,...my ass would be raw!

It's still a nice bike...except for the tank:busted:

You must either rock the motocross track all day or camp renegade.

45 miles is nothing. Single track in the mountains is usually around 60 miles a day, and we usually put on 100+ miles (one fill up at a gas station) a day in the desert.:applause:

• eduardobibm

Posted March 21, 2007 - 03:03 AM

Norcal nailed it, the last enduro in NJ (Sandy Lane, I didn't go to this one, just using it as an example) was about 60-70 miles. They do have gas stops if nessessary, but mostly I'd just prefer not to think about it.

What is the range on a stock tank? 45 miles? If you are planning on doing any enduros, scrambles or just exploring a little further past the truck, the desert tank is awesome.

The weight sits pretty low. Besides, he doesn't have to top off before each ride.

Nice looking bike by the way.

• TD-3

Posted March 21, 2007 - 03:13 AM

The bike looks good :applause:

Offroad isn't about bling..it's about function.

A Rekluse for offroading a 4 speed MX bike is the hot ticket. They offer a 30 day money back guarantee so you have nothing to lose trying one.

• Type Gendy

Posted March 21, 2007 - 05:56 AM

Bike looks good, i'm not a huge fan of the way those tanks look either, but i've been known to go on some pretty lenghtly trail rides up in vt / nh and its nice not to be worried about gas

edit: where in ny are you from? i'm in upstate

• JIMTED79

Posted March 21, 2007 - 07:58 AM

Nice bike, how many gallons does that bad boy hold?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rooster wrooster

Posted March 21, 2007 - 10:10 AM

7/10 for off-roadin beauty. Add a set of lights, a little more armor and a rekluse and you get a 10/10 in my book.

• eduardobibm

Posted March 21, 2007 - 12:12 PM

Thanks,
3.3 gallons.

Nice bike, how many gallons does that bad boy hold?

• eduardobibm

Posted March 21, 2007 - 12:16 PM

Actually a set of lights is also on my "maybe" list. Not because I ride in the dark, but because the enduro events require it. I started doing some research on adding lights to a YZ450 on this site. Seems I need a WR stator\flywheel and a light kit but any feedback would be appreciated.

7/10 for off-roadin beauty. Add a set of lights, a little more armor and a rekluse and you get a 10/10 in my book.

• eduardobibm

Posted March 21, 2007 - 12:21 PM

I'm in the area that people from NYC think is upstate, Orange County which is of course far from actually being "upstate".

Bike looks good, i'm not a huge fan of the way those tanks look either, but i've been known to go on some pretty lenghtly trail rides up in vt / nh and its nice not to be worried about gas

edit: where in ny are you from? i'm in upstate

• grayracer513

Posted March 21, 2007 - 12:55 PM

Actually a set of lights is also on my "maybe" list. Not because I ride in the dark, but because the enduro events require it. I started doing some research on adding lights to a YZ450 on this site. Seems I need a WR stator\flywheel and a light kit but any feedback would be appreciated.

You cannot use the stator from any other YZF on a '03-'05 YZ 450. Only the YZF stator will fit. There are aftermarket units available, but not great ones. Search the topic.

• xcessjw

Posted March 22, 2007 - 03:52 AM

Congrats...that is a great looking ride! Looks like you have a really nice piece of land there as well.

• dwnlowx

Posted March 22, 2007 - 02:20 PM

looks tight we should trade seats and hand guards ,no really i wanna get some off those hand guards can you post some pics on how they mount on the bars

carbon fiber looks sweet

• CaseyWR450

Posted March 22, 2007 - 02:22 PM

IMO, I don't really like the blue numberplates, other than that cool bike. :applause:

• WR250James

Posted March 22, 2007 - 02:27 PM

i dont really see to many YZ450s. People usually have CRF450Rs, but your bike looks all rite

• ____Kurt____

Posted March 22, 2007 - 04:00 PM

pretty sweet bike, but i have to agree that tank is definitly ugly lol

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.