yz450f maintaince

3 replies to this topic
  • STEAMER450

Posted March 20, 2007 - 03:44 PM

I have a 04 yz450f with two seasons on it I have clearanced the vlaves twice and want another season out of it it has started to backfire more and more often what would be a budget preventative maintaince ?

• CaptainKnobby

Posted March 20, 2007 - 05:13 PM

just go ahead and rebuild the the top end or get someone elese to that knows how so they can check the condition of the valves because if u blow that sucker up it will probally cost u $2000.00.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • new2blu

Posted March 20, 2007 - 05:29 PM

I have a 04 yz450f with two seasons on it I have clearanced the vlaves twice and want another season out of it it has started to backfire more and more often what would be a budget preventative maintaince ?

Have you jetted correctly? This is the most common cause of backfiring on de-accell. I have a 03 WR450 that will be able to get many more seasons out of with no need for a new top end.

• 642MX

Posted March 21, 2007 - 06:31 AM

So have you adjusted the valves twice, or have you checked them twice?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.