426 '00 to '01 clutch questions

3 replies to this topic
  • GixRider

Posted March 19, 2007 - 08:27 PM

I'm apologizing up front... Sorry to rehash the topic but after 7 pages into my search, I haven't heard found the answer I'm looking for.

While I don't really have problems with my current clutch, other than it is worn out, I'd like to upgrade to the 01 setup. I have the '00 to '01 parts list but I don't know exactly what to order for a clutch kit. I read positive reviews of the GYTR but the only thing I can find is the GYTR clutch kit for the 03-06 450s.

Does this fit the '00?
Does it include the inner most (12)friction plate / (13)spring, clutch boss / (14)plate seat? (#) is from the yami parts diagram.

Any reason this stuff wont fit in a Hinson clutch basket for a '00? Motosport.com has a smoking deal on a Hinson basket for $103.

• grayracer513

Posted March 19, 2007 - 09:40 PM

You seriously didn't find this from this morning?

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=484363

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GixRider

Posted March 20, 2007 - 06:26 AM

Gray... not trying to be rude as I respect your helpfulness... please re-read the first post and my two questions. I've searched and searched. Everybody including you says the GYTR stuff is great. Now that I know which clutch pack I want and I already have the 00 to 01 part numbers, what do I really need to order?

• grayracer513

Posted March 20, 2007 - 07:43 AM

If you're planning to modify your existing clutch, re-using most of it, then yes, use the posted Yamaha part numbers for items 12-14. They will all fit into any Hinson basket I'm familiar with.

Install the boss spring so that the OD is tilted outward.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.