Chaning Jets

2 replies to this topic
  • jokintom24

Posted March 19, 2007 - 07:49 PM

How do you guys change your mains and pilots?? The firt time i went to the 48/170 i took my whole sub frame off so i could tilt the carb back. Is there an easier way to do it ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Racer24

Posted March 19, 2007 - 07:55 PM

u can easilyl change it with the cables still on...and the carb haning offf...i just remove the shrouds, numberplates, seat, completer subframe with air box...air boot, and unscrew the tank to let is loose so i can position it out of my way.....when i clean and recheck the float height...i take the entire carb out.....some people say to remove ur shock....which isnt that hard also...but w/e

• grayracer513

Posted March 19, 2007 - 08:22 PM

If you remove the upper engine mounts, disconnect the hot start at the carb to avoid breaking it, and disconnect the TPS connector from the harness for a little extra slack, you can rotate the carb far enough to change the jets without removing the sub frame.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.