Cigarette 12 volt plug on a L ?

4 replies to this topic
  • Whiteman

Posted March 19, 2007 - 09:52 AM

Has anyone put a cigarette 12 volt plug on a L. I would like to run satellite radio on the bike. How can I do this and will the bike handle it. Pictures and links are always appreciated.

• cleonard

Posted March 19, 2007 - 10:39 AM

It should work just fine. The 650L has a lot of extra power available. I'd say that the alternator makes at least 100 watts more power than the stock bike uses. Just be careful if you run your stuff without the engine running. The battery is small and you have no kickstarter.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Whiteman

Posted March 19, 2007 - 02:17 PM

Great, anyone have a line on a weather proof outlet. Maybe I could order one made for an ATV or something.

• CTXr650L

Posted March 19, 2007 - 03:01 PM

the alternator on the 650L puts out 186 watts at 5000 rpm so a satellite radio should be no problem :applause: ive seen some waterproof 12v outlets in the automotive section at walmart that you should be able to adapt to your needs. i have one that i plug right into the pigtail that i use for my battery tender, works pretty good.

• drtlvr

Posted March 19, 2007 - 06:03 PM

I run my gps off one

Attached Thumbnails

• new bike 003.jpg
  • led lites 002.jpg
  • new bike pics 001.jpg

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.