WR - YZ Number Plate switch??? HELP

2 replies to this topic
  • TeamScream

Posted January 24, 2002 - 09:03 PM

I have a race this weekend at Anaheim Stadium (Edison Field) and I need to get a number plate on the FRONT of my bike. Which one works the best and most importantly will fit with the ProTaper bars and top triple clamp? I looked at an Acerbis one at the dealer but it looked funky and like it wouldnt fit well? KEEP IN MIND I do NOT have a crossbar on my protapers so where does the top of the number plate mount to?
In case anyone is wondering this is a SuperMotard event on sunday...for details go to SuperTT.com and check it all out, for those of you into road racing, 2 weeks ago there was a similar event and some real powerhouse road race talent showed up to partake. (Kevin Schwantz, Anthony Gobert, Larry Pegram, Nicky Haden, Roger Lee Haden, Tommy Haden) was WAYYY too much fun, only costs $8.00 to watch and $45.00 to race if ya wanna get involved!
HELP ME WITH THE NUMBER PLATE ISSUE PLEASE!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SoCalWR426

Posted January 24, 2002 - 09:26 PM

Team,
It depends which T-clamp you have, If I recall Applied & Scott's both use a 98/99 front plate the one that bolts straight thru into center of t-clamp. The strap, I just ran it around my bar on left side on my pro-tapers went over the top of bars around and from underneath entered locking tab from the bottom instead of top as you would with a crossbar. Hope this helps. Don't look funky either

SoCal

• YAMAKAZE

Posted January 25, 2002 - 03:54 AM

YZ Number Plate Fit Perfectly on mine with the Probend Aluminum handguards.

Posted Image

good luck

Bonzai :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.