WR 450 seized Tranny? What else could it be?

5 replies to this topic
  • kholman4dirtbike

Posted March 18, 2007 - 07:00 PM

So I was riding with my uncle today and his bike stopped running and stopped like he slammed on his brakes?

Is it anything for sure or possibly a few things? How much do you think it will cost?

Any helps appreciated.
Kevin

• cerby25

Posted March 18, 2007 - 07:57 PM

I can already tell you that you need to add in a bunch more details.
What he was doing, how fast, gear he was in, how were the fluids, work done previously to it, etc...

• kholman4dirtbike

Posted March 21, 2007 - 08:13 AM

It was on a dirt road going at least fifty, the bike is bone stock and well taken careof. Any other details? Whats your first guess?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bamster

Posted March 21, 2007 - 11:23 AM

It could be lots of things,need more info and it sounds expencive.
Seized.
Broken conecting rod.
Time to tear it apart and see.

• smksignals

Posted March 22, 2007 - 12:01 PM

I was abusing mine (2006 w/AIS removed) @ El Mirage Dry Lake Bed, pegged to 94 mph.... Then my tranny blew up! LOCKED up at speed! Left a few hundred feet of skidmark on the lake bed !!! $1400.00 later and I am back on the road again.

• WYSIWYG

Posted March 22, 2007 - 01:30 PM

I'm assuming you can't shift gears any more. If you pull in the clutch, can you at least turn the engine? If the engine won't turn, can you spin the rear wheel with the clutch in?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.