2007 wr 450 engine noise (Clutch)?

4 replies to this topic
  • Dan250

Posted March 18, 2007 - 06:22 PM

First of all great bike, and at 150lbs it was a tough choice, 250f again or 450f. I defenatley made the right decision, the torque says it all. I am uncorking to taste and so far have the exhaust tip opened up and the throttle stop cut, this is plenty for now. The exhaust is still on the quiet side from what I am use to but I kinda like it. So with that the motor sounds noisier, normal valve noise but when the clutch lever is pulled in it sounds quieter (mostly noticed in nutural) I have heard this in other bikes but it just seams more noticeable. Anyone noticing this?

One other thing I have heard about is the gas vent hose leaking, I have that and I think it is because of all the heat from the radiators and the exhaust cooking the gas. It leaks down the head tube and black stuff runs onto the fender. I tried one of the shorty tubes with the check valve but it didn't help, sometimes pressurized the tank and sometimes leaked. Any Ideas here also?

• Looks450

Posted March 19, 2007 - 01:15 AM

So with that the motor sounds noisier, normal valve noise but when the clutch lever is pulled in it sounds quieter (mostly noticed in nutural) I have heard this in other bikes but it just seams more noticeable. Anyone noticing this? ?

Yes this is entirely normal. I to noticed it with a quieter pipe. It isn't to bad with the clutch in, but when in netural the top end seems noisy. I think the problem will be when it stops making noise and everything starts to close up.

One other thing I have heard about is the gas vent hose leaking, I have that and I think it is because of all the heat from the radiators and the exhaust cooking the gas. It leaks down the head tube and black stuff runs onto the fender. I tried one of the shorty tubes with the check valve but it didn't help, sometimes pressurized the tank and sometimes leaked. Any Ideas here also?

I am forever cleaning the leaked fuel of the fender, but that is just the way it is. THe vent hose leaking sounds like someone pulling a bong, and is endless amusemement for my mates when we pull up during a ride.

Cheers
Looks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ffgman

Posted March 19, 2007 - 09:29 AM

I went riding a couple of days ago and my dike actually quit running and wouldnt start. I opened the gas tank to check the fuel level and a loud suction noise came out. My gas cap breather wasnt working properly. I should have figuired this out earlier when my bike was idling eratic and fast.

• ffgman

Posted March 19, 2007 - 09:30 AM

and yea these motors make a lot of noise, I think this one is louder than my 04.

• Matt James

Posted March 19, 2007 - 07:33 PM

I noticed it too. Mine is not quiet, I have a 07 450YZ pipe on an 07 wr450 and I can still hear a muffeled mashing noise when the clutch is pulled in. It even seems to put a little load on the motor when the clutch is used because it changes the exhaust tone abit. I have 350 miles on it and have changed my oil/filter once and using torco 15/40 sinthetic. Does every 07 wr450 do this? My 06 YZ450 does not make this noise.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.