Older WR, which oil to use?

2 replies to this topic
  • Vegemite_luva

Posted March 18, 2007 - 05:22 PM

I just got a 2003 WR450F and was wondering what type of oil I should use? Synthetic or natural? Is my bike too old to use synthetic? What is the benefit of either? What weight? Please keep in mind I live in NJ where temps will be in the 40s. The manual says 10W30 but I have only been able to find 10W40 or 20W50 for four strokes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted March 18, 2007 - 05:22 PM

10/40 synthetic is fine...SC

• rv4pilot

Posted March 18, 2007 - 08:04 PM

Rotella. Keep the oil changed and the air filter cleaned and you will have a bike that will perform well and long. Do a thread search on Rotella and check the motorcycle forum on the Rotella site. It can be found at Walmart and most truck stops on the way to and from riding.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.