I EASILY Whooped A Raptor..

23 replies to this topic
  • Kawabuggy

Posted March 24, 2007 - 09:24 AM

Yes, it seems like the trouble with this bike is teaching me a lot as well. So far I have made every possible adjustment to the carb, changed the oil, attempted to adjust the valves, and now I am working on ohming all of the electrical components just in case the CDI, or stator is what is causing the problem.

One thing I noted. When I went to adjust the valves, there was oil inside the left side cover. I know a little bit is to be expected, but there is quite a bit hiding in there. When I pulled the large plug, there was oil on the threads.

Any other ideas on what I should check? This problem is driving me nuts!

• bork

Posted March 24, 2007 - 07:57 PM

Well , what I liked about my bike, is my bud has the same thing. So when in a pinch we swapped parts. Do you know anyone close by with a good running xr to swap carb with to see if problem persists? Or maybe someone here has a good running stock carb lying around after they put edelbrock on.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kawabuggy

Posted March 25, 2007 - 02:47 PM

That is an awesome idea! If anyone has a left over carb that they would be willing to lend me-I'll pay shipping both directions & give you a cash deposit!

Otherwise, if someone is willing to sell their old carb-as long as it is a known good working carb-I can go that route. Would like to have a spare anyway.

Anyone????

• Kawabuggy

Posted March 27, 2007 - 05:47 PM

Update. While I was looking for a carb. I decided to check the electrical. I found that the coil-both the primary & secondary side-are out of specification. Everything else ohmed out perfectly. I ordered a new coil from Honda and am doing the waiting game to see if that will fix my problem.

I also decided to change my cam out while I was waiting on the coil. I pulled the cam cover to find the original cam wasted, all 4 rockers are bad, and one exhaust valve is mushroomed/hammered. So, I have some additional work ahead of me to get this thing running right.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  186 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.