Why is my 05 not selling?????

31 replies to this topic
  • tony1970

Posted March 19, 2007 - 09:52 PM

Does April 15th ring a bell? This is about the worst time next to Christmas to sell anything with Uncle Sam wanting his extra cut. Be patient, you will find a buyer.

• kmalec

Posted March 20, 2007 - 02:29 AM

What Tank is it, what size, and how hard is it to remove and replace? I will pass the link to my buddy, he's looking but not sure if he will travel, were in MI

• VFR000M

Posted March 20, 2007 - 04:39 PM

Still early in the season...+ you are in Cali...people out there do not like bikes unless they are plated. Also, put the blue tank on and try to sell the aftermarket tank seperate....you're more likely to get your money worth that way.

• simon@vic

Posted March 20, 2007 - 05:21 PM

My two cents, when I saw the picture, I didn't care for the white tank, so I'd put the blue one back one, I think it would look better cosmetically and then
the buyer would see it as having the extra bigger tank as a free bee.

i agree.

• Seabass

Posted March 22, 2007 - 08:44 AM

Still early in the season...+ you are in Cali...people out there do not like bikes unless they are plated. Also, put the blue tank on and try to sell the aftermarket tank seperate....you're more likely to get your money worth that way.

People in Cali buy bikes all day long without a plate. And supposedly many of the bikes that have been plated are going to get the plate yanked by the DMV.

• oldmanx

Posted March 29, 2007 - 12:06 PM

Does April 15th ring a bell? This is about the worst time next to Christmas to sell anything with Uncle Sam wanting his extra cut. Be patient, you will find a buyer.

It's not a bad time for all...some have tax return money coming in. I just spent a little over 3 bills for a very nice 04 450 with a few extras. What you're asking is not at all out of line. You just have to find the woods rider that's looking for a nice bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • David37

Posted March 29, 2007 - 07:42 PM

I would replace your plastic and maybe invest in a graphics kit to clean up the cosmetics of your bike.

• ajetmech

Posted March 29, 2007 - 08:45 PM

Let see ! Hum! oh yeah! we were all given skate boards in the first grade and all had surf boards by age ten. All a plate does is slow you down with the drag. I dont see ANYBODY racing in the Dez sporting a plate. Like somebody said earlier could be everybody wants the new frame. Try selling the helmet for 4000 and throw the bike in for free. If I did not have the 06 then I would PM you about it.

• Canuck

Posted April 02, 2007 - 10:40 AM

Change tank and advertising methods. Sales is a "contact" sport...

• sts475

Posted April 03, 2007 - 05:09 AM

Hi there !

The masses aren't as turned on to the Wr as much as other bikes. Your average dirt biker is un-aware of how good a bike it is. The aluminum frame on the 07 most likely has something to do with it also. I waited until it came out to get one but I still knew about the Wr from friends who have them. The frame plus the fact that you can buy a new one for 6 thousand something off of cycle trader , e-bay and other sites isn't helping either.

Good Luck !

STS.

• bigdrtrdr

Posted April 03, 2007 - 12:55 PM

Also, Anyone with half assed credit can walk into a Dealer end get a brand new bike for ZERO down and ZERO payments for 12 months.
That pretty atractive to most working folks.
Ive had our 06 YZ250f on craigs list at 4500.00 like new and not a single call or email in 3 weeks.

• blue9red9

Posted April 03, 2007 - 01:05 PM

I just sold my 03, cherry bike, stock plastics looked like new. It just had the stock tire changed off and the new one was still 80%. Full $600 exhaust, aftermarket top clamp, bars, graphics. It still looked new I got $2600. It was a YZ450F. I think $4000 is about right for an aluminum framed bike of 06 vintage, the 05, different story. The steel bikes... you will be lucky to get anywhere near that. Prove me wrong, please, but I tried advertising, local, craigs list, here on TT since last October starting at $3100 and settled on $2600 today. Take off that white tank, it looks like it doesn't belong. Dealer incentives and technology are killing the used market. Try selling a 2 stroke!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.