Why is my 05 not selling?????

31 replies to this topic
  • fish525

Posted March 18, 2007 - 03:20 PM

is $4000 to much to ask with a lot a extras I have never had a bike sit so long after I put it up for sale

• CaseyWR450

Posted March 18, 2007 - 03:29 PM

Sounds like a fair price. :applause: Do you have a pic of it? If so post it so we can see it.

• rjboschjr

Posted March 18, 2007 - 03:44 PM

Yeah, my freind has an 06 wr and getting no response. He has it on craigs list for about a week. He's asking 5000 which he knows he will not get.

• TWILES

Posted March 18, 2007 - 03:50 PM

Maybe its where you are. I've had a few hits on my 05 and I'm asking $4500. It litterally looks like new other than a new back tire and tank graphics turning yellowish. Its a good time of year to sell one. My wife works at a Harley dealership and they can get a break and the Yamaha dealership she left has taken off better than expected.

• fish525

Posted March 18, 2007 - 03:50 PM

Sounds like a fair price. :applause: Do you have a pic of it? If so post it so we can see it.

I would post a shot but how:excuseme:

• Chickenhauler

Posted March 18, 2007 - 03:59 PM

I would post a shot but how:excuseme:

"How to Post an Image" by avlnch, TT Moderator of the pics/vids forum.

• fish525

Posted March 18, 2007 - 04:15 PM

Posted Image

ok so tell me what you think it has new plasticks on it now is it worth $4000 or am I dreaming

• Chickenhauler

Posted March 18, 2007 - 04:29 PM

Posted Image

ok so tell me what you think it has new plasticks on it now is it worth $4000 or am I dreaming

Sounds reasonable to me-I know if I was in the market, I'd be PM'ing you right now about buying it.:applause:

• SupermotoAbuser

Posted March 18, 2007 - 04:32 PM

probably cause the steel frame. People get caught up with the alluminum thang

• cerby25

Posted March 18, 2007 - 08:16 PM

My two cents, when I saw the picture, I didn't care for the white tank, so I'd put the blue one back one, I think it would look better cosmetically and then
the buyer would see it as having the extra bigger tank as a free bee.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • baha

Posted March 18, 2007 - 08:57 PM

My two cents, when I saw the picture, I didn't care for the white tank, so I'd put the blue one back one, I think it would look better cosmetically and then

second that!

• Bluemarlin04

Posted March 19, 2007 - 12:38 AM

I would buy it if you were here. I dropped 2500 on my 2000 and that was cheap.

• 450high

Posted March 19, 2007 - 12:50 AM

try the blue tank

• nickeenoo

Posted March 19, 2007 - 04:48 AM

Fish,

Sent you a PM.

• ulmanb

Posted March 19, 2007 - 04:54 AM

I always try to put it back to as close to OEM as possibly. Most of the people that have bought my bikes in the past dont care about aftermarket stuff. They are typically looking for a clean stock bike. Sometimes you can either use the pile of aftermarket parts as leverage in selling, or put them on ebay afterwards.

• BlueBikeMan

Posted March 19, 2007 - 07:06 AM

I agree with that.
Blue is Best.:applause:

• farkawi

Posted March 19, 2007 - 08:01 AM

As previously mentioned, the alu framed bikes have devalued our steel framed bikes due to a perceived improvement in the chassis. I like my '05 enough to keep it and wear it out rather than take a 2-3000 dollar bath just to own a new bike. Just my $.02 worth.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted March 19, 2007 - 11:34 AM

Get it plated. That would make it stand out.

• TWILES

Posted March 19, 2007 - 12:55 PM

As previously mentioned, the alu framed bikes have devalued our steel framed bikes due to a perceived improvement in the chassis. I like my '05 enough to keep it and wear it out rather than take a 2-3000 dollar bath just to own a new bike. Just my $.02 worth.

Thats might be true but it's $7000 + no matter how you look at it to get a new one. Even if you could buy the bike with cash at dealer cost it's still got taxes and set-up. $4000-$4500 for an 05 in great shape is a pretty good price considering thats $2500-$3000 less than a new one. Unless a guy wanted to keep his for a few years, he'd be stupid to pay that much for a little bit better bike. I'm not one to talk since I bought a new one but I didn't have plans to sell it either. Its just worked out to where I don't get to ride it enought to justify paying for it.

• buzzgrizz

Posted March 19, 2007 - 02:02 PM

second that!

3rd it

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.