Brake Problem

3 replies to this topic
  • David_Manuel

Posted January 24, 2002 - 08:03 PM

Help! I am riding tomorrow and I just hit my rear brak pedal with the wheel off the bike. Now, my brake is locked, pads together. I'm not real saavy in this area. How do i rectify this problem. Leaving in the morning. Please help. Thanks.

• SoCalWR426

Posted January 24, 2002 - 09:35 PM

Not to worry, we all start somewhere.
Use a thin flat blade screw driver carefully so as not to damage your pads, work the driver between the pads and slowly pry them open. They will actually open 1/2in or so. Reassemble wheel. Be sure to pump the brake after your done otherwise untill the pads are back in position you wont have any rear brake, been there, done that..

SoCal

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • David_Manuel

Posted January 24, 2002 - 09:50 PM

Took a break, went back to the garage and slowly pried them apart. Simple, just have never done that before. Had bikes all my life, most with drum brakes though. A first for everything. Thanks for the reply.

• David_Manuel

Posted January 24, 2002 - 09:52 PM

Took a break, went back to the garage and slowly pried them apart. Simple, just have never done that before. Had bikes all my life, most with drum brakes though. A first for everything. Thanks for the reply.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.