Header Coating

5 replies to this topic
  • yamaha.dude

Posted January 24, 2002 - 07:47 PM

I know a lot of people here are replacing their headers and silencers with aftermarket stuff, but I was wondering had anyone bothered to have either the stock or an aftermarket header coated with a quality heat resistant ceramic finish?

I had the headers on my car done and was very happy with the finish, reduction of underhood temperatures, and damn if it don't seem to add a bit more power... :)

I would like to hear from anyone with this experience... otherwise, I will report back with my experiences when I get it done...

David

• Cobra2go

Posted January 25, 2002 - 03:51 AM

I feel the same way and plan to send mine off within the next two weeks. We should keep in touch to compare notes.

• Buck

Posted January 25, 2002 - 03:54 AM

A few months back there was an article in MXA and they said that it makes a small amount of difference in power gains. Power is power!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 25, 2002 - 05:19 AM

These guys do alot of motorcycles!!! This is probably the company you were looking for.
My dad had his header pipe done on his WR426 and looks pretty trick. He got the satin coating. Hope this helps...

http://www.jet-hot.com/

• fershy

Posted January 25, 2002 - 09:35 AM

Buy yourself a Big Gun exhaust and it comes ceramic coated. Just another option to consider.
fershy :)

• yamaha.dude

Posted January 25, 2002 - 12:10 PM

I had my car headers done at HPC - they are a US company with branches in Australia as well... Their Extreme coating looks like the one for the WR header...

Now, to choose a colour... :) that red glow never did match anything else on my bike or riding gear... :D

David

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.