2001 wr 426 vibration

3 replies to this topic
  • jsando72

Posted March 18, 2007 - 03:10 AM

hi this is my first time using TT so bear with me,ive recently purchased a 2001 wr 426 after riding a 1994 ktm lc4 400 and have found that if laboured or used at low revs on tight trails i get a vibration which when more power is applied goes away im told by my mates to go down to a lower gear or slip the clutch as im not riding the bike hard enough as this bike has alot more power than my old ktm .is this vibration common in 426 "s or do i have a problem.

• emtieman

Posted March 18, 2007 - 07:21 PM

I have what might be the same vibration, mine seems to osilate though. I have only noticed it when chugging around in sand dunes with a paddle. I don't know if it is bad. I've had the bike for about six months and half the ridding has been in sand.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • johnjerk

Posted March 19, 2007 - 08:02 AM

hi this is my first time using TT so bear with me,ive recently purchased a 2001 wr 426 after riding a 1994 ktm lc4 400 and have found that if laboured or used at low revs on tight trails i get a vibration which when more power is applied goes away im told by my mates to go down to a lower gear or slip the clutch as im not riding the bike hard enough as this bike has alot more power than my old ktm .is this vibration common in 426 "s or do i have a problem.

Wow - I went from a 95 LC4 400 to a 2002 WR426. The LC4 makes anything seem light and nimble in comparison.

I'd say your mates are correct. Lower the gearing AND slip the clutch - that'll give you infinite gear ratios. Serious lugging of these engines is bad as I understand it. I'm running a 12 and 48, I believe. That gives a reasonable top speed (80 with the engine screaming) and a reasonably low first for the tight stuff. I still feather the flutch a lot when it gets technical, but can't have a lower top speed in the desert....a 6-speed would be ideal.

• jsando72

Posted March 20, 2007 - 03:53 AM

Wow - I went from a 95 LC4 400 to a 2002 WR426. The LC4 makes anything seem light and nimble in comparison.

I'd say your mates are correct. Lower the gearing AND slip the clutch - that'll give you infinite gear ratios. Serious lugging of these engines is bad as I understand it. I'm running a 12 and 48, I believe. That gives a reasonable top speed (80 with the engine screaming) and a reasonably low first for the tight stuff. I still feather the flutch a lot when it gets technical, but can't have a lower top speed in the desert....a 6-speed would be ideal.

YEAH THE LC4 WAS A SLUG COMPARED TO THE WR WHICH IS WHY IM FEELING THIS VIBRATION BUT I WASNT SURE SO NEEDED OTHERS OPINION.JUST NEED TO GET USED TO THE POWER DIFFERENCE AND START TO RIDE IT AS IT SHOULD BE RIDDEN {TAKE MY SKIRT OFF] THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY HELPS PUT MY MIND AT REST. ALSO MY GEARING IS 15-50 WHICH MAY BE TO TALL FOR THE TRAILS I RIDE.CHEERS

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.