Forks question...

9 replies to this topic
  • xr07

Posted March 17, 2007 - 09:01 PM

Can anyone tell what forks these are? They don't look like cr/crf forks I'm in love with this bike just as it sits... Don't know whose it is, though...

Posted Image

• HawkGT

Posted March 17, 2007 - 09:58 PM

They look like street bike forks to me. At first I thought maybe they were off-road forks modified for reduced travel but look how long the sliders are.

• xr07

Posted March 17, 2007 - 10:18 PM

yep. i haven't a clue about them...

• HawkGT

Posted March 18, 2007 - 12:20 AM

I didn't read carefully what you had said: "They don't look like cr/crf forks."

I'm no help.... :applause: ....unless the stating the obvious is helpful. lol

• rmhrc630

Posted March 18, 2007 - 06:30 PM

That bike is an XR600.

To me the forks look like early model CR forks as I beleive the stem was a simple bolt on affair.

The extra extentions past the axle make me think old style USDs.

Newer HOnda USDs are gold in colour and light years ahead of older CR style forks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Billahjack

Posted March 21, 2007 - 08:05 PM

Here is my guess....but this is just a guess.

Those look like late 90's or early 2000's, USD (up-side-down) crotch rocket forks. Probably from a smaller bike like a 600 or 750 if its early 2000's or from a larger liter bike if its from the late 90's.

The forks are shorter overall than dirt bike forks. The bike is pitched forward from this.

The axle boss at the lower end of the fork looks too square to be stock. It looks like it was CNC machined for that axle and to remove the right side brake caliper mount.

The triple clamps are probably not stock to accomodate the larger tube diameter. The bottom clamp looks cast versus CNC machined because of the parting plane belt line bump around it.

• XRSM

Posted March 21, 2007 - 08:47 PM

Don't have a clue about the forks, but I would like to know what rear fender your using. Nice looking bike.:applause:

• wheelnut46

Posted March 22, 2007 - 03:01 AM

What kind of rear brake is that?

• slepe67

Posted March 22, 2007 - 09:12 AM

drum brakes, older XRRs had em. Ya think they shortened the inner (lower) fork tubes? The triple clamps appear stock ????

• Denn10

Posted March 25, 2007 - 01:30 PM

My first though was street bike also ive had late 80s n early 90s crs and dont remember em lookin anything like that Trick bike though nice 24 inch front brake rotor LOL

Related Content

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.