I'm a happy owner of a '05 XR650L as of yesterday!

14 replies to this topic
  • Sipes77

Posted March 17, 2007 - 09:52 AM

I had been searching for a good bike for some time. These forums have helped alot in my desion making, thank you all. I picked up a '05 XR650L with about 1200mi. on it. It feels real comfortable for my size, I'm 6ft, 240lbs. The bike is bone stock right now, and I am looking forward to doing some performance mods that I have read about. Well, I think that I am going to go putt around a bit, later.

• CTXr650L

Posted March 17, 2007 - 11:09 AM

congratulations and welcome to the club :applause: be carefule when you start doing mod cause its really addictive, i think my bike has spent more time having something new done to it then actually riding it lately... tops on the mod list is is to re-jet it (daves mods) and then go from there. ride safe ride happy :eek:

• wheelnut46

Posted March 17, 2007 - 04:05 PM

Hey cool! Congrats!

• kelleyseiler

Posted March 17, 2007 - 05:08 PM

I will tell you, it gets addictive doing the mods and seeing what else you can improve on!

• goblin127

Posted March 18, 2007 - 06:02 AM

Congrats! You can't go wrong. Let the moding begin.

• martinfan30

Posted March 18, 2007 - 07:53 AM

better not start moddin' unless u can afford a weekly visit to the florist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:applause:

• rebelventurer

Posted March 18, 2007 - 02:04 PM

Welcome to TT, and congrats on the bike! got questions or wonder whether you should buy a certain part, ask first, some one has done it already and can let you in on the doos and donts. There is no such thing as a stupid question. There is however that stupid feeling when you learn from hind sight and didnt ask the question! Take care, and have fun :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • elrontx

Posted March 19, 2007 - 05:01 AM

get DOT knobbies and a skid plate before you hit dirt everything else can wait depending on your budget.any questions you can search this fourm first there are many pages of useful info on this fourm. also check out ADVRIDER. welcome to TT the best 4stroke site on the net.

• Frank Sud

Posted April 23, 2007 - 07:05 PM

I have the same bike and I really enjoy it! Congradulations!!!!

• YetiX

Posted April 23, 2007 - 07:16 PM

I'll just glom onto your thread:

I just picked up my "new" bike on Saturday! It's an '01 with 1,900 miles on it. The previous owner spent more time (and money) modding it than he did riding it. :applause: While I'm bummed I won't get to spend a lot of time improving it, he did the mods I would have done - with the exception of the exhaust he chose, so I guess I'll just have to ride it instead. :excuseme: All it needs is a skidplate and it's ready to rock!!

• Sipes77

Posted April 23, 2007 - 08:25 PM

Cool YetiX!, and everyone, seems like you can't go wrong with the XR650L if it suits your style of riding.

I still haven't done any mods yet, but it is time for new tires for sure. I'm thinking about going with the Dunlop 606's.

• Adamsvh67

Posted April 24, 2007 - 07:30 AM

Certainly can be addictive on the mod side. Friend of mine says I've got more money in aftermarket parts than miles on it so far! Unfortunately, he's right!.But, I'm almost done, and the miles will continue... :applause:

• Denn10

Posted April 24, 2007 - 08:10 AM

SIPES where in CA you from again?

• Sipes77

Posted April 24, 2007 - 06:03 PM

Denn10, I am in Apple Valley, nice weather today!

• Denn10

Posted April 24, 2007 - 08:56 PM

thats right i went for a little ride tonight out to Grange and there was aguy on a SLOWSUKI rm450 doing some supermoto laps was cool to see. We should get together for a little ride sometime im close to Rincon + Yucca Loma

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.