teraflex tire

12 replies to this topic
  • zook350

Posted March 16, 2007 - 10:00 PM

has any one used one of these? 150/90-18 will this even fit? how do they work in gravel and hard pack conditions?

• beezerjoe

Posted March 16, 2007 - 10:20 PM

I've got one that came with my TT600.I never ran it on anything because I thought it just be a power robbing bunch of rotating mass on the back wheel.It fit in the swingarm O.K. even though it's 6 + inches wide,has lugs like a jeep tire that from what I have read you are supposed to reshape when they start to wear or lip up.It should work just about anywhere if the history on the yamaha is correct.I was told it ran in Baja so terrain changes shouldn't be a problem for it.Anybody out there fancy a huge free tire?

• xr650l bum

Posted March 16, 2007 - 10:36 PM

PM sent. Would love to try it out!

• zook350

Posted March 16, 2007 - 10:36 PM

how many miles and do you have any pictures? the pig should have enough power.

• beezerjoe

Posted March 17, 2007 - 12:15 AM

xl650bum got the tire

• BDN

Posted March 19, 2007 - 09:30 AM

I just put one on my 95 cr500. W A Y heavy. It robbed a bunch of power. I used to be able to blip the throttle, and loft the front tire, now it takes more effort.

ON THE PLUS SIDE: I went on a 60 mile loop in the San Bernadino Mountains. . . way technical stuff, lots of rocks, ALL hardpack, it was ALL over the place. Let AMOST all the air out and you'll have a fighting chance. After the ride, I looked at the tire. . . it wasnt even touched!. . . the price you pay is a bit of a power loss due to the weight, and if you ride on hardpack, it doesnt hook as well, but worked great in the soft stuff.

It does wallow on the pavment though.

I'd choose a different tire personally, one that is lighter.

OUT!

bdn

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • prockish17

Posted March 19, 2007 - 11:28 AM

How much is the tire $$$, and how much does it actually weigh more than other tires? How does it hook up in lomey soft stuff. Is it difficult to install. I am 270 lbs and want a tire that last a little longer.

• zook350

Posted March 19, 2007 - 11:59 AM

BDN thanks for the reply, i'll probably start looking for a different tire. I want one that work good on hardpack, gravel, and on-road.

• hill5150

Posted March 19, 2007 - 01:01 PM

Teraflex is crap,Period. I put a 110-100-18..... normally I run a 120 MAXXIS, rode 2 hours out in havasu, moderate rocks, and that tire was wasted w/ chunks gone everywhere, currently, I am seeing how much rubber I can leave on my local pavement.....it will be a slick soon..save your $ The tire is garbage........

• bork

Posted March 19, 2007 - 07:49 PM

For the buck, I like mine. Wish they had a front to match! If I had to do over. I'd get another TF!

• XR650L_Dave

Posted March 20, 2007 - 07:49 AM

Teraflex is crap,Period. I put a 110-100-18..... normally I run a 120 MAXXIS, rode 2 hours out in havasu, moderate rocks, and that tire was wasted w/ chunks gone everywhere, currently, I am seeing how much rubber I can leave on my local pavement.....it will be a slick soon..save your $ The tire is garbage........

I fear this may be a fair statement on the chinese version- I've heard mixed results at best.
If you are describing the US version, I'd say its not par for the course.

Now that you can't get the US version anymore, moot point.

I can't friggen believe that interco ditched this tire...

Dave

• TahomaTom

Posted March 20, 2007 - 02:39 PM

I like mine. Hooks up great for the ridig I do.

I was a little slick on pavement at the beginning but I did not have any issues after the first 50or so miles.

• bork

Posted March 21, 2007 - 06:22 AM

After about 35 miles on mine, I got a flat. ( paid a bike shop to pinch my tube!) long story short, rode about another 75 miles dead flat, to fininsh dual-sport event. Some sections in 5th gear, gettin it on! After I got home I inspected & couldn't find any damage. So I remounted myself this time with Ultra-heavy-duty tube. Still using to this day. BTW; it is a chinese version. I'm not a fan of chinese stuff but aren't there alot of others made there also?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.