Pics of a Unabiker Radiator Guard on an 07

38 replies to this topic
  • Looks450

Posted April 07, 2007 - 10:23 PM

They definaltly look bloody awsome. Love the gold senseless bling as well.

Let us know how they hold up in a crash.

Looks

• custom-cruiser

Posted April 13, 2007 - 12:02 PM

I scored a blue set.

Posted Image

• RSWR450F

Posted April 17, 2007 - 02:05 PM

CRD water cooler guard:

http://www.rsracing....s/100_1981.html

http://www.rsracing....s/100_1984.html

RostaWR

www.rsracing.cz

• mcflzwr450f

Posted April 17, 2007 - 07:39 PM

I put mine about 3 weeks ago or so, Had to make a few little mods. Super strong, worth every penny. I assembled mine first then put them on worked OK for me.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• BikerDAD450F

Posted May 22, 2007 - 09:15 PM

I've got a set of "Works Connection" rad guards on order for my '07. I am curious to see the differences. I plan to post pics here soon.:)

• RJB

Posted August 16, 2007 - 09:04 PM

I just installed mine last night and I while I think they are probably the best guards money can buy for the purpose of protecting your radiators I do have two issues -
1. In the istallation step where it instructs you to start tightening everything up, the inner bolts on the front support rods are impossible to access at this point. I would instruct installers to tighten these bolts prior to slipping the guards over the radiators versus telling us to leave them loose.
2. The fit of the shrouds is not good after installation. A longer bolt needs to be provided for the shroud to guard mount and the location is off a little.

At the end of the instruction sheet it asks to provide comments to Brian and I think I will. I am happy over all I just hope I never have to take those things apart on the trail for any reason...

I found the same problem. Thanks for the tips about getting it all tight, as it would be impossible at a later stage. The shroud bolt needs to be longer (at least 30mm). The nylon spacer should also be thicker for the shrouds to fit better. One other tip, if your radiators are slightly tweakes (I had a slightly bent lower shroud tab), straighten it all up before tightening, or you'll have a nightmare lining things up to get the bolt in. Better still, fit them before you get the chance to do any damage.

• SJMC_DON

Posted August 17, 2007 - 08:12 AM

I found the same problem. Thanks for the tips about getting it all tight, as it would be impossible at a later stage. The shroud bolt needs to be longer (at least 30mm). The nylon spacer should also be thicker for the shrouds to fit better. One other tip, if your radiators are slightly tweakes (I had a slightly bent lower shroud tab), straighten it all up before tightening, or you'll have a nightmare lining things up to get the bolt in. Better still, fit them before you get the chance to do any damage.

It gets worse if you go to a larger tank.... still an awesome guard though. When I mounted my IMS 3.1 gallon tank, the shroud to guard gap got even bigger so I went down and got everything off the shelf at my local hardware store, (bolts, nuts, and nylon spacers) to make the fit better and it worked great.

First report of tweak with the guards on however - Racing a harescrambles 2 weeks ago I went down on the left side, very gently, in fact I would have not expected any damage even with out guards :excuseme: any way my left side rad was pushed back at the bottom.... a little tweaked at the frame mounts :banghead: any way, nothing that could not be straightened out again and the shroud popped back into shape so all is still good:thumbsup:

• wolfwolf

Posted October 30, 2007 - 03:53 AM

SXP what kind of computer do you have?

• SXP

Posted October 30, 2007 - 11:48 AM

SXP what kind of computer do you have?

Trailtech Vapor.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wolfwolf

Posted January 20, 2008 - 07:48 AM

sxp, if your still around. where did you get the switch for your lights. does your hot start lever hit it. i was looking to do the same thing with one from a yzf atv. i was going to try and connect the ignition switch to the kill switch though, do you think that would work. thanks for any info.

• SXP

Posted January 20, 2008 - 02:38 PM

sxp, if your still around. where did you get the switch for your lights. does your hot start lever hit it. i was looking to do the same thing with one from a yzf atv. i was going to try and connect the ignition switch to the kill switch though, do you think that would work. thanks for any info.

This is off topic, but here goes: Switch was purchased from http://www.peakmoto....t/Detail?no=600. I have wired up the horn button as the kill switch. I see no reason why you couldn't use the horn button for the ignition button, however, it (the horn button) is kinda flimsy and sloppy.

It looks like this in relation to the hot start lever:
Posted Image

The switch acts as a stop to the lever but not before the hot start circuit has been opened:
Posted Image

I originally had the switch below and had to raise the hot start with spacers to clear the switch. Too big and too ugly. Settled on the above set up. This switch is for sale for $50 shipped. PM me if anyone is interested.
Posted Image

• wolfwolf

Posted January 21, 2008 - 04:22 AM

thanks for the pics! i wish you would of included one of your vapor, i have one on order and was thinking of different mounting options.

• 07RMZ450RC4ME

Posted March 19, 2008 - 12:26 PM

I just bought the Gold (bling)set, be delivered in a couple weeks due to back order in the bling color...

• wr_matt

Posted April 29, 2008 - 10:25 PM

I was wondering why everyone was talking about radiator guards,:eek: I never used to use them on a smoker... After my first couple of rides on the big 450 I can see why.

I just installed the raw color set, absolute precision. (except for my bent rad's :p )

If I bend or break these, i'm going to have other issues :applause:

• Himsa123

Posted April 30, 2008 - 05:58 AM

so these rad guards by unabiker will fit with the hardware provided if you have an ims 3.1 with yz shrouds?

• SJMC_DON

Posted April 30, 2008 - 07:29 AM

so these rad guards by unabiker will fit with the hardware provided if you have an ims 3.1 with yz shrouds?

YES :eek:

• Idaho450

Posted April 30, 2008 - 04:20 PM

YES :eek:

I put a set of the Unabikers on with the IMS tank on my '07. It wouldn't have hurt my feelings if the lower shroud bolts had been just a fuzz longer! I went out and bought a couple of 30 mm bolts to make life easier. Not sure if that was just me or if everyone runs into that. Didn't you end up doing something similar?

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 01, 2008 - 07:34 AM

I put a set of the Unabikers on with the IMS tank on my '07. It wouldn't have hurt my feelings if the lower shroud bolts had been just a fuzz longer! I went out and bought a couple of 30 mm bolts to make life easier. Not sure if that was just me or if everyone runs into that. Didn't you end up doing something similar?

Yes... I did get longer bolts and nylon spacers. I forgot:bonk:

• tribalbc

Posted May 01, 2008 - 08:30 PM

with IMS with about 1" spacers on bottom bracket

Posted Image

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.